Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

Americans hate the U.S. government more than ever

3 posts in this topic

Gee... I wonder why..... 

WHYYYY???  WHYY CARWLLL! WHHYYYY!??!!  Check out the comment section when you get a chance. lol

http://i.imgur.com/8e0Ns0r.jpg

Embed linking this other thread I put up a while back, if you guys want to check it out real quick.

Americans hate the U.S. government more than ever

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/americans-hate-the-u-s-government-more-than-ever/

-

A handful of industries are those "love to hate" types of businesses, such as cable-television companies and Internet service providers.

The federal government has joined the ranks of the bottom-of-the-barrel industries, according to a new survey from the American Customer Satisfaction Index. Americans' satisfaction level in dealing with federal agencies --everything from Treasury to Homeland Security -- has fallen for a third consecutive year, reaching an eight-year low.

The declines represent some backsliding for the U.S. government, given that satisfaction saw some improvement in 2011 and 2012, which may have been the result of spending in the wake of the recession. While the comparison with private enterprise isn't apples to apples given the nature of government services, the findings have some implications for bureaucrats.

"Satisfaction is linked to broader goals in the political system that it wants to maximize, like confidence and trust," said Forrest Morgeson, director of research at the ACSI. "It's much more difficult to govern if the entire population dislikes you."

2 people like this

I also hate cops. Yes, me, a law-abiding senior citizen.

I know that all cops aren't bad. Around here all they do is hide behind bushes where the speed limit goes down. When there was a wreck at the local store, a bad one, no cops were available to take the call!

My sister just today told me about a cop who pulled out right in front of her. She slammed on her brakes and honked her horn. He pulled her over and asked what's your problem, lady? They gots a.t.t.i.t.u.d.e. :unsure:

Years ago the feds gave police departments grants to buy new patrol cars and hire more personnel. Then they stopped handing out the moolah. Now John Law wants to keep the cars and family members on the payroll. So they harass drivers and set up ridiculous speed zones out here in the country where they can issue tickets to create revenue.

Serve and protect. That's as meaningful as "public servants." Hah! We are their servants.

22 hours ago, grav said:

Serve and protect.

To serve and protect, the system.

To punish and enslave, the people.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.