Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomenon

8 posts in this topic

Electronic Voice Phenomenon - Voices From Beyond the Veil

Ever since the invention of electronic recording devices people have found strange voices appearing on their recordings, sometimes speaking directly to them, even though no one was present but themselves. The Electronic Voice Phenomena or EVP has been raising controversy as to what it is they are capturing on tape. Could it be the voices of souls who have "passed on" and wish to speak to loved ones left behind or is it an elaborate hoax meant to deceive the gullible?

A great deal of study has gone into EVP since the 1920's. Even Thomas Edison, when interviewed, stated "it is possible to construct an apparatus which will be so delicate that if there are personalities in another existence ... this apparatus will at least give them a better opportunity to express themselves". That first device was the electronic recording.

Skeptics claim that all people are hearing in electronic voice phenomenon recordings is random noise filtered through the desire to hear something; called "pareidolia" (a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus, often an image or sound, being mistakenly perceived as recognizable). Or, they claim, all they are recording is the bleed-over from radio transmitters. The research has shown time and again that the skeptics have NOT studied electronic voice phenomenon in any depth at all.

Those who wish to find out the source of these mysterious voices on their tape recordings, none of which are heard until the tape is replayed, have gone to great lengths to eliminate these obvious possibilities. They have recorded voices in heavily shielded rooms specifically designed to prevent radio wave penetration. Another experiment that has been repeated often and with great success is in asking specific questions while recording and leaving a silence between them in case there is an answer. Quite often when they play back the recording, they find that some one or something, has responded directly to the question asked, often naming the querant personally. The odds of this being random radio interference has been calculated as being so high that winning the lottery would be an everyday occurrence by comparison.

Quite a bit of study has gone into figuring out how these voices manifest. Since we create sounds on the physical plane by passing air through our throat and mouth to create the sound frequencies our ears can perceive, it has been tested to determine how a non-physical entity can produce the frequencies on tape that we can hear. More and more it is shown that the reason the EVP researchers don't hear the voices directly is because whatever is causing the sounds are having to manipulate existing sound frequencies at the point in the machine where the processing of the analog sound to a digital format for storage is taking place.

Therefore, a place which is kept quite silent will produce little or no electronic voice phenomena whereas in an environment with a full range of "white noise" very good results are usually achieved. It has been shown that a common house fan is even better for this than an electronically produced "white noise" generator. While old style tape recorders have motor hum and the tape "hiss" which is not the best background for creating manipulative sound frequencies, they are much better than state of the art recorders that have been designed to create little or no sound.

<snip>

http://www.trueghosttales.com/evp.php

I find this subject really interesting. I should get a recorder and try it here in my house, but I'd probably scare myself to death if I actually got something. lol  I remember reading about this guy who had a Dragon program and he got into the habit of leaving it on at night after he went to sleep and he said that there were words typed on the screen in the morning and no one else had been around to mess with it. Are these really the voices of ghosts trying to communicate, some other dimension bleeding over or just bs? Has anyone here ever tried this and got any kind of result? 

3 people like this

Pretty interesting & creepy topic! Any ghost hunters on the forum??:wacko:

Yeah, I've heard a lot about it.  There are people doing that stuff quite a bit, making their own equipment and there are YT channels on the subject, etc.

Cool read!

Maybe we should ask John Edward (but then again some say he is a fake) to investigate.

There are clearly many, many things in other dimensions which we as humans do not know of or would even understand if we knew about it. I tend to respect that which I cannot explain and which clearly has more "power" than me!

2 people like this

I remember back in 06. We were heading back home for the wife's grandmother funeral. While staying at a hotel. The oldest daughter was in the bathroom. She say written on the mirror a phrase. " one more to go" or something like that. It was not there before she started her shower. It freaked us out.

I'm certain a lot of this is people hearing what they want to hear.

If the dragon program left on overnight made coherent sentences, that would be something...

I think this and many other phenomena combine to prove that naturalism is a very limited and narrow approach to studying the realm in which we live. The demand for everything to be presented in naturalistic terms is a sure way to miss a large portion, if not the main portion, of our existence and what lies beyond our mortal lives. So then the question becomes, not whether there is life beyond this one, but the nature of it. And as long as "science" insists upon naturalism, and seeing everything in terms of quanta (particles) rather than waves (vibrations), it will remain in the dark and keep mankind in darkness with it. It has become the religion of antisupernaturalism, the dogma of denial. Because to venture beyond that barrier is to entertain the notion of religious faith, and this is a bridge too far for antitheists in general.

8 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Electronic Voice Phenomenon - Voices From Beyond the Veil

Ever since the invention of electronic recording devices people have found strange voices appearing on their recordings, sometimes speaking directly to them, even though no one was present but themselves. The Electronic Voice Phenomena or EVP has been raising controversy as to what it is they are capturing on tape. Could it be the voices of souls who have "passed on" and wish to speak to loved ones left behind or is it an elaborate hoax meant to deceive the gullible?

A great deal of study has gone into EVP since the 1920's. Even Thomas Edison, when interviewed, stated "it is possible to construct an apparatus which will be so delicate that if there are personalities in another existence ... this apparatus will at least give them a better opportunity to express themselves". That first device was the electronic recording.

Skeptics claim that all people are hearing in electronic voice phenomenon recordings is random noise filtered through the desire to hear something; called "pareidolia" (a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus, often an image or sound, being mistakenly perceived as recognizable). Or, they claim, all they are recording is the bleed-over from radio transmitters. The research has shown time and again that the skeptics have NOT studied electronic voice phenomenon in any depth at all.

Those who wish to find out the source of these mysterious voices on their tape recordings, none of which are heard until the tape is replayed, have gone to great lengths to eliminate these obvious possibilities. They have recorded voices in heavily shielded rooms specifically designed to prevent radio wave penetration. Another experiment that has been repeated often and with great success is in asking specific questions while recording and leaving a silence between them in case there is an answer. Quite often when they play back the recording, they find that some one or something, has responded directly to the question asked, often naming the querant personally. The odds of this being random radio interference has been calculated as being so high that winning the lottery would be an everyday occurrence by comparison.

Quite a bit of study has gone into figuring out how these voices manifest. Since we create sounds on the physical plane by passing air through our throat and mouth to create the sound frequencies our ears can perceive, it has been tested to determine how a non-physical entity can produce the frequencies on tape that we can hear. More and more it is shown that the reason the EVP researchers don't hear the voices directly is because whatever is causing the sounds are having to manipulate existing sound frequencies at the point in the machine where the processing of the analog sound to a digital format for storage is taking place.

Therefore, a place which is kept quite silent will produce little or no electronic voice phenomena whereas in an environment with a full range of "white noise" very good results are usually achieved. It has been shown that a common house fan is even better for this than an electronically produced "white noise" generator. While old style tape recorders have motor hum and the tape "hiss" which is not the best background for creating manipulative sound frequencies, they are much better than state of the art recorders that have been designed to create little or no sound.

<snip>

http://www.trueghosttales.com/evp.php

I find this subject really interesting. I should get a recorder and try it here in my house, but I'd probably scare myself to death if I actually got something. lol  I remember reading about this guy who had a Dragon program and he got into the habit of leaving it on at night after he went to sleep and he said that there were words typed on the screen in the morning and no one else had been around to mess with it. Are these really the voices of ghosts trying to communicate, some other dimension bleeding over or just bs? Has anyone here ever tried this and got any kind of result? 

You can get a recorder from radio shack for 30 bucks.the kind college students use to record seminars!i highly reccomend people just do this experiment on their own and see what happens.also there are boxes you can get that switch between radio frequencys at something like 500 a minute.so the odds of questions beimg answered or coherent sentences coming out are astronomical but yet time and time again,specific questions are being answered and names are being called.sound frequency vibrations

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.