Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oregonian

FFL "delayed" status connected to Burns OR?

8 posts in this topic

First and foremost let me start this off with the facts

my wife and I have made 4 firearm purchases in the past 3 years through the NICS system with an approval within minutes.

Both of us have ou concealed carry permits and are super reliable law abiding citizens who respect the law and have not broken any laws that would warrant a denial or "delayed" status pending further investigation by the Oregon State Police

We both work for a local school district in which EXTENSIVE background checks are conducted with frequent random drug and alcohol testing are conducted

ok......now thats out of the way......

Almost everyone is aware of the Burns situation which is about a 4 hour drive from where we reside and it most certainly is a hot topic for folks in Oregon and across the country. Ill keep my thoughts to myself, atm, and always make sure to do so to not incriminate myself in any way shape or form. 

Makes sense as those with firearms already have targets on their backs.....being cristian is a double whammy now a days and OMG im caucasian....im a gonner...

My wife, for Christmas purchased me an AR15 Magpul lower from Palmetto State Armory and it was sent to a local ffl for pickup and obviously a NICS background check.

Delayed....called the Oregon State Police to inquire to the cause of the delay and got a call back.....2 weeks after Christmas saying "further investigation is required"...

ummmm ok.

So I checked on the FBI website for delayed status reasoning. I fall under none of the criteria for a delay.

I called the ffl back and was told "we are aware of the FBI rule that states that if we dont get and approval or denial within 3 business days we will still not release the lower..we like to be conservative in these matters"

feeling like a damn criminal who committed no crime and all I want is my damn present

so.....still waiting...a month..so I called back yesterday and the guy at the ffl stated "weve NEVER had this many delays and Ive been doing this for a long time.....im gonna make some proactive calls to get these released or at least new dates"

COMEON how many delays over there?

my point.....finally......Im thinking that there might be potentially tons of delays, statewide and anywhere within driving distance to potentially quell reenforcements? Even though thats completely unrealistic but is it possible?

Anyone have family in the OSP to release my damn lower since every rule in place is being ignored on my behalf and the behalf of others at this FFL? =)

wed be stupid to believe that a single FFL, 4 hours away is the only dealer seeing this major uptick in delays with no end in sight

1 person likes this

Can you call some other FFL dealers and find out what's going on with them? I'm sure if they're having issues they'd tell you. This is really messed up and I hope you get things fixed soon so you can get your gun like you are supposed to. If a lot of others in that area are experiencing the same thing, then I'd say Yes it's possible they don't want people getting more firearms in that area. I'm sure it'd be easy to flag a given location in their system, basically block them through NICS. 

1 person likes this

Go to a GUN SHOW and Pay Cash - F the Feds - Everyone is doing it. You do not want to put yourself on a List of any kind.

4 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Go to a GUN SHOW and Pay Cash - F the Feds - Everyone is doing it. You do not want to put yourself on a List of any kind.

It's too late for that. The "authorities" already have the gun in their paws and are not wanting to let him have it. And they already paid for it. 

good idea and i will make a few calls. honesty is hard to come by these days and im apologizing ahead of time for my negativity. hoping that they have the ability or desire to share that over the phone.

ill report back.

thanks for hearing me out

1 minute ago, Oregonian said:

good idea and i will make a few calls. honesty is hard to come by these days and im apologizing ahead of time for my negativity. hoping that they have the ability or desire to share that over the phone.

ill report back.

thanks for hearing me out

I go to a gun shop here and sometimes have to call them for things. They are as angry as anyone about what the govt. is doing with the 2nd Amendment, I think most of those guys are going to be pretty cool and will tell you, especially if you tell them what's happened to you. Don't apologize for negativity because the Feds don't mind dumping a bucket of negative on us every chance they get! 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.