Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toast

So now you can see the curve of earth

55 posts in this topic

This shouldn't cost Al Gore anything.  All he'd have to do is lay down in a hot air balloon, and start talking about global warming, and all the hot air coming out of his mouth will inflate the balloon all the way out into space.  He won't need any oxygen, or helium, the balloon will just self-inflate and nothing he says takes any brain cells.  

1 person likes this

Doesn't matter, you can take a flat earther up and show them the curvature and they will still say it's fake.  That's how entranced most of them are.

You won't see curvature from 100,000 ft. 

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Sky Cat said:

Doesn't matter, you can take a flat earther up and show them the curvature and they will still say it's fake.  That's how entranced most of them are.

I am a FEer and i would love to see curvature.Come on Skycat not all FEers are dumb.i see a lot of facts that can be debunked in the ball model so it makes me wonder why people believe it that the ball earth theory is fact.MY problem is with all our technology and science how come it is so hard to prove that we live on a ball??why do astronauts fake the curve out windows.why does nasa fake curve at heights proven wouldnt show curve?why is the u.n flag a flat earth model?these are legitimate questions.i dont know if earth is flat or round but i think it should be easy to show us where we live but yet millions of people are question the ball earth theory for a reason.all that nasa would have to do is live stream the 90 minte orbit of the iss around the earth with 360° pans every few minutes and no cut aways.its that simple BUT yet they dont do it.before anyone says they dont have time for that.the astronauts on the iss do so much stupid ish that has nothing to do with science its fluckin ridiculous!!

4 people like this

I was promised rocket packs, and vactations to Mars by NASA as a kid, so when they put up, I'll shut up. Til then, it's observable evidence that defines science, and if that bothers you, well, you know what two words I have for ya. 

45 minutes ago, Sky Cat said:

I am a FEer and i would love to see curvature.Come on Skycat not all FEers are dumb.i see a lot of facts that can be debunked in the ball model so it makes me wonder why people believe it that the ball earth theory is fact.MY problem is with all our technology and science how come it is so hard to prove that we live on a ball??why do astronauts fake the curve out windows.why does nasa fake curve at heights proven wouldnt show curve?why is the u.n flag a flat earth model?these are legitimate questions.i dont know if earth is flat or round but i think it should be easy to show us where we live but yet millions of people are question the ball earth theory for a reason.all that nasa would have to do is live stream the 90 minte orbit of the iss around the earth with 360° pans every few minutes and no cut aways.its that simple BUT yet they dont do it.before anyone says they dont have time for that.the astronauts on the iss do so much stupid ish that has nothing to do with science its fluckin ridiculous!!

Edited by yaknow
please delete somehow duplicate post

27 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

I was promised rocket packs, and vactations to Mars by NASA as a kid, so when they put up, I'll shut up.

Many scientists are idiots; their future-predicting skills suck pretty bad.  I wouldn't take their predictions seriosuly: Case in point: "robots will rise up against humans":jptdknpa: Idiots, :VJguDot: they've been watching too much sci-fi and havne't a clue about that is- and what isn't possible with AI and robotics.

47 minutes ago, yaknow said:

I said, "most" (not "all")

There are tons of absolute proofs.  I could provide you with any number to go do for yourself.  The problem is, is the religious flat earthers who won't listen to anything because they don't understand physics and base their beliefs on fallacious logic.  It's pointless interacting with such people (you know, argue with a fool and they will drag you down to their level; pearls before swine and all that.)

NASA are prime assholes and think they control the ISS, when in fact it's supposed to be cooperative endeavour.  I agree, 100%, that they should have a permanent web cam on the ISS, like I've been saying for at least 10 years.  They don't want to, because of all the non-terrestrial stuff it would pick up though.  Last thing they want is for people to wake up to e.t.s hanging out up there, especially if they would have to constantly answer questions about, "what was that on your live feed?"  LOLOL

1 hour ago, yaknow said:

Here is a 24/7 view of Earth from the ISS. http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

"The four cameras of the HDEV experiment are oriented in different directions and with different views relative to the ISS travel direction. They are in positioned, 1 looking forward, 1 looking nearly straight down, and 2 looking back. This provides several different viewing angles to the viewer.

The cameras are programmed to cycle from one camera to the next, and only one camera can work at a time. As they cycle, each camera must turn off and the next camera turn on before the HD video starts, taking about 8 to 10 seconds to change. Through this cycling, comparable data can be collected on each camera; while also providing, as a bonus, different Earth viewing perspectives."

(You only see a black screen when the ISS is on the night side of Earth) Wait 45 minutes and it will be day.

Edited by VonLud

7 minutes ago, Sky Cat said:

Many scientists are idiots; their future-predicting skills suck pretty bad.  I wouldn't take their predictions seriosuly: Case in point: "robots will rise up against humans":jptdknpa: Idiots, :VJguDot: they've been watching too much sci-fi and havne't a clue about that is- and what isn't possible with AI and robotics.

Would you (if you had the ability) build a potentially dangerous piece of AI without a "backdoor" i.e. a kill-switch?  I think we are a long way off building a piece of equipment that will have reasoning capabilities and the ability to formulate a decision based on "emotion" and/or facts.  We have built some amazing software which automate processes based on small interventions but having a "standalone" piece of AI with no base data or changes to initiate an action is still a bit into the future..

1 minute ago, VonLud said:

Here is a 24/7 view of Earth from the ISS. http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

"The four cameras of the HDEV experiment are oriented in different directions and with different views relative to the ISS travel direction. They are in positioned, 1 looking forward, 1 looking nearly straight down, and 2 looking back. This provides several different viewing angles to the viewer.

The cameras are programmed to cycle from one camera to the next, and only one camera can work at a time. As they cycle, each camera must turn off and the next camera turn on before the HD video starts, taking about 8 to 10 seconds to change. Through this cycling, comparable data can be collected on each camera; while also providing, as a bonus, different Earth viewing perspectives."

(You only see a black screen when the ISS is on the night side of Earth) Wait 45 minutes and it will be day.

Oh, wow.  I don't know they started doing that!

Wait for it... flater earthers will simply dissmiss it as "CGI!"  :jptdknpa::VJguDot::chuckle:  :jptdknpa:
:VJguDot::VJguDot::VJguDot::VJguDot::VJguDot::VJguDot::VJguDot::VJguDot::VJguDot::VJguDot::VJguDot::VJguDot:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.