Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

X-Files Creator: 'I Thought The FBI Was Going To Shut Me Down'

11 posts in this topic

I just saw this and found it interesting...Im wondering if that mysterious man was just a wacko or someone/something else!

A mysterious man told Chris Carter that his conspiracy-themed TV classic was too close to the truth.

Alien conspiracies, monsters, cryptids, mutants, paranormal phenomena -- just a typical day for the fictional FBI agents of "The X-Files."

But how close to fiction was it?

Creator, writer and director Chris Carter tells a real-life tale about the show in its early days that's worthy of the show's catchphrase, "The truth is out there."

"I had someone come up to me during the original run of the series, who said they worked in some high place in a secret government agency, [and] said that we were very close to the truth," Carter told The Huffington Post.

"I didn't know whether to take that person at their word or not. I can tell you this: When I wrote the [1993] pilot, I called the FBI to do some research, and they were nice enough, but didn't really give me the time of day.

"Then, all of a sudden, as we got close to airing, the FBI called and said, 'Who are you and what are you doing?' And for a second, I thought it was going to be the long arm of the law coming in to shut me down."

The science fiction classic returns to TV this weekend after a 14-year absence, and Carter tells HuffPost Weird News that the feds eventually took a liking to him -- and he took a liking to them.

"They became unofficial fans [of the 'X-Files']. And as a member of the FBI Citizens Academy, I've had a chance to shoot many a firearm with the FBI. I got to shoot a few rounds at the firing range at FBI headquarters in Washington."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/x-files-return-new-episodes_us_569faea1e4b0a7026bf9bc29?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

2 people like this

Man, going to be a few months behind before they release the first season to the library system, but should be worth the wait and avoidance of the spoilers ;-)

I'm not sure if the story is straight, it would be exactly the spin to re-hype the series. I Want to believe it Bigtime though :biggrin:

Just now, BlueHawK said:

Man, going to be a few months behind before they release the first season to the library system, but should be worth the wait and avoidance of the spoilers ;-)

I'm not sure if the story is straight, it would be exactly the spin to re-hype the series. I Want to believe it Bigtime though :biggrin:

I think this time around it may be more fringe..... less basic coverup bull... i hope they are bold and go with some truths... or at least an entertaining slant on some of it.

6 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I think this time around it may be more fringe..... less basic coverup bull... i hope they are bold and go with some truths... or at least an entertaining slant on some of it.

Sweeeet!  B-)

8 hours ago, Ukshep said:

I hear they did, I can't wait to watch it. It's going to be a half hour or so before I can nab it.

They covered just about every single conspiracy theory that has ever existed. Not going to spoil it for everyone else, but well worth the watch. 

David Duchovny would be great on the Walking Dead. (as a zombie). He sleeps through most his scenes and occasionally wakes up to overact.

Meanwhile, Anderson (who I know personally) is a brain-dead zombie in real life.

Anyhow, looks like they are getting all the material from CT forums directly.

Right down to the "uncle info".

pathetic.

So guys post away, YOU could be the next

X Files story.

Episode 2 came out Monday night, so you can watch 2 episodes if you have not already. I like the show its pretty good, David said he is willing to do some more x-files - but not sure about Gillian, he said he doesn't want to do 20+ episode seasons anymore. Maybe when the checks start rolling in they will change their mind. haha

3 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Episode 2 came out Monday night, so you can watch 2 episodes if you have not already. I like the show its pretty good, David said he is willing to do some more x-files - but not sure about Gillian, he said he doesn't want to do 20+ episode seasons anymore. Maybe when the checks start rolling in they will change their mind. haha

Im going to do the usual. wait till the entire series is done then watch it..... that waiting for episodes crap is a distraction.

1 person likes this

Just now, Ukshep said:

Im going to do the usual. wait till the entire series is done then watch it..... that waiting for episodes crap is a distraction.

To each their own, I guess people like waiting? I wish they did it like House of Cards, and just put the whole season out to watch in one go.

1 minute ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

To each their own, I guess people like waiting? I wish they did it like House of Cards, and just put the whole season out to watch in one go.

Nah people hate waiting but that's why they do it. It is basic psychological manipulation to make sure interest is kept in the product, they can then milk it and build a brand over time. If it goes well then out comes merchandise and possible selling of movie rights. business 101! Why just put out a tv series when you can get everyone engaging in it, talking about it and buying shit themed on it!

A good marketing strategy tbh, but it is still playing on human psychological patterns. and i do not like that.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.