Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Canadian Mass shooting - at least 2 dead 5 injured

5 posts in this topic

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35388594

"At least two people are dead in a shooting at a school in northern Saskatchewan, a government official has said.

Police were called to a "serious incident" at La Loche Community School but have refused to give details.

Witnesses said there was screaming and more than half a dozen shots. Two schools were put on lockdown.

An unnamed official told the Associated Press news agency that two people have been killed.

Brad Wall, the premier of the Canadian province of Saskatchewan, confirmed there had been a shooting at a school in an aboriginal community. But he did not give details about victims.

"Words cannot express my shock and sorrow at the horrific events today in La Loche," he said.

"My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims, their families and friends and all the people of the community."

About 900 students attend La Loche Community School for kindergarten through to grade 12.

"I ran outside the school," Noel Desjarlais, a Grade 10 student, told CBC News.

"There was lots of screaming, there was about six, seven shots before I got outside. I believe there was more shots by the time I did get out."

La Loche is an aboriginal community of about 3,000 people."

Don't know any more, will keep an eye on this story.

Watch out Canada, it might be your turn! Bluehawk, do you know if they're all over their media yelling at people to give up their guns yet? Might take a few more to do it? 

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Watch out Canada, it might be your turn! Bluehawk, do you know if they're all over their media yelling at people to give up their guns yet? Might take a few more to do it? 

Not Yet, but Trudeau did a short press release. I just don't understand how this could happen, I meant, what about all those gun laws up there? Didn't. Do. A. thing, sadly :JSfrXsb:

All gun control does is make victims of law abiding people. Victims of criminals and tyranny. Most Canadians have no idea what the 2nd amendment is really about. We haven't got the history. But I remember when the long gun registry came in oh... 1982? the compliance with the new law was 5%. We just quietly go about our own business and let the gov  flounder in their self importance.

As for the shooting, that's harsh. Native communities have enough to deal with. There was a shooting in my town a few weeks ago, rival native groups targeting each other.

2 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.