Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Your Washing Machine Just Bought Laundry Soap

3 posts in this topic

Ok, enough is enough.This is just creepy.  I DO NOT want my household appliances shopping without my knowledge. Your printer can buy ink. Your washer can buy detergent. What's next? The fridge starts buying food? I hope these freaking appliances can pay for the all the crap they are buying. Oh wait, your washer will probably check with your bank first to see if you have enough funds to pay for the soap. If not, maybe the dryer will cover the overdraft charge!

Amazon’s new service will let your washing machine order its own detergent

You may never have to order laundry detergent again.

On Jan. 19, Amazon AMZN, +0.77%   released the latest service in a series of progressively easy ordering: Amazon Dash Replenishment, a program that eliminates human beings from the ordering process. It works with connected devices to detect when certain supplies are running low — like laundry detergent or printer ink. It connects to consumers’ Amazon accounts and automatically places the order when sensors detect something needs to be “replenished.”

Thus far, it’s only compatible with Brother printer ink cartridges and toner. But over time it will be usable with other devices that connect with the Internet. Later this month, it will be available for a General Electric GE, +2.13% washing machine that uses Smart Dispense technology, which means it dispenses detergent for each load, so that consumers don’t have to measure it out and add it by hand. The washing machine will detect when detergent is running low and reorder more. It will also soon be available for the Gmate SMART blood glucose meter, which connects to a smartphone to make testing blood sugar easier. Using Amazon Dash Replenishment, the SMART meter will detect when testing strips and lancets are low and reorder them. Other brands have already signed on to eventually use Amazon Dash Replenishment with their connected devices, including Samsung printers 005930, -0.62% Brita water pitchers, Whirlpool WHR, +2.07%   washers and dryers and Purell hand-sanitizer dispensers.

More:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/amazons-new-service-will-let-your-washing-machine-order-its-own-detergent-2016-01-21?

I don't trust any of my appliances but if they can find a way to order off my Amazon wish list without having to pay then I'm all in.

1 person likes this

Rather like programming a fox to guard the hen house isn't it? How do you know your ink cartridge is low before the device orders you more (of the cho$$$en brand of course)?

I'll wash clothes by hand before I allow something like that in my house.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.