Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daersoulkeeper

I had to put down my dog yesterday

13 posts in this topic

My chelsea girl is gone, it was so incredibly sad seeing the sudden fearful look in her eyes when she realized it was more than a regular office visit (as they were injecting her) and the light fade out of her eyes.  she had water around her lungs and was breathing short and fast breathes, stopped eating for 5 days and wouldn't hardly move around anymore.  She is in a better place now it's just so hard not having my baby girl around anymore.

13 years old cavalier king charles spaniel.

cried like a baby   : (

Edited by daersoulkeeper

1 minute ago, daersoulkeeper said:

My chelsea girl is gone, it was so incredibly sad seeing the sudden fearful look in her eyes when she realized it was more than a regular office visit (as they were injecting her) and the light fade out of her eyes.  she had water around her lungs and was breathing short and fast breathes, stopped eating for 5 days and wouldn't hardly move around anymore.  She is in a better place now it's just so hard not having my baby girl around anymore.

*hugs @daersoulkeeper*

I know the feeling. Lost many myself... it never gets easier. But just remember the happy moments and holding her. Im sure that will help! Wish i could do more man! *hugs*

My current dog is reaching her limits now. diabetes since 15 weeks ago and she just turned 13 too. But she is lively and always up for cuddles and playtime :) man i sound like a girl.... meh who cares.

1 person likes this

I'm sorry for your loss. I had to put down my 18 yr old cat last year (with me since a kitten) so I feel your pain. When you're feeling better consider a puppy that needs as much love as you bestowed on your Chelsea.

16 minutes ago, daersoulkeeper said:

I know that feeling all too well, sorry for your loss.

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
- Abraham Lincoln

I'm so sorry to hear you had to put your baby girl down.  Ive had to put a few furry kids down in my time and Its one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do.  Just know that you are a good mom because you loved her enough to end her suffering and let her go. She will always be with you in your heart and will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge....

:hug:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

https://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

22 minutes ago, CGK said:

I'm so sorry to hear you had to put your baby girl down.  Ive had to put a few furry kids down in my time and Its one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do.  Just know that you are a good mom because you loved her enough to end her suffering and let her go. She will always be with you in your heart and will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge....

:hug:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

https://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

beautiful :)

I'm so sorry. I've had to do that several times and it's still a painful memory.

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

--- Anonymous ---

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.