Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Judge Judy Is A Member Of The Supreme Court?

4 posts in this topic

OMG - Our Nation is in so much trouble! In a pole of 1000 college graduates, 10% of them believe TV host Judge Judy sits on the Supreme Court!

Nearly 10 percent of college graduates believe popular TV star Judith Sheindlin, aka “Judge Judy,” serves on the Supreme Court of the United States, a new poll has revealed.

Ms. Sheindlin, wife of fellow TV judge Jerry Sheindlin, is a retired New York judge who handles small-claims disputes on the long-running court show “Judge Judy.”

The poll, conducted by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni, a D.C.-based nonprofit, concluded from the 1,000 surveyed nationwide that college graduates “are alarmingly ignorant of America’s history and heritage,” CNN reported.

The report, titled “A Crisis in Civic Education,” found that 47 percent of graduates also couldn’t identify the term lengths for members of Congress, and nearly 40 percent didn’t know that Congress has the power to declare war.

More:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/19/judith-sheindlin-10-of-college-grads-think-judge-j/

1 minute ago, CGK said:

OMG - Our Nation is in so much trouble! In a pole of 1000 college graduates, 10% of them believe TV host Judge Judy sits on the Supreme Court!

Nearly 10 percent of college graduates believe popular TV star Judith Sheindlin, aka “Judge Judy,” serves on the Supreme Court of the United States, a new poll has revealed.

Ms. Sheindlin, wife of fellow TV judge Jerry Sheindlin, is a retired New York judge who handles small-claims disputes on the long-running court show “Judge Judy.”

The poll, conducted by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni, a D.C.-based nonprofit, concluded from the 1,000 surveyed nationwide that college graduates “are alarmingly ignorant of America’s history and heritage,” CNN reported.

The report, titled “A Crisis in Civic Education,” found that 47 percent of graduates also couldn’t identify the term lengths for members of Congress, and nearly 40 percent didn’t know that Congress has the power to declare war.

More:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/19/judith-sheindlin-10-of-college-grads-think-judge-j/

This the way they want it to be.if you dont know ish you wont ask questions and make waves.but i bet all the students know when the new iphone is coming out.we are in(been)trouble!!

I'm a lawyer and so I have a better than average understanding of the judicial system - I even memorized the Constitution.  However, I do think that civics knowledge is overrated.  Truly, no one should give a s*** about who is on the Supreme Court.   We've made civics knowledge into something sacred when civics knowledge should fall ten fold below farming, husbandry, engineering, etc. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.