Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Saudi Arabia buying up farmland in US Southwest

12 posts in this topic

Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf countries are scooping up farmland in drought-afflicted regions of the U.S. Southwest, and that has some people in California and Arizona seeing red.

Saudi Arabia grows alfalfa hay in both states for shipment back to its domestic dairy herds. In another real-life example of the world's interconnected economy, the Saudis increasingly look to produce animal feed overseas in order to save water in their own territory, most of which is desert.

Privately held Fondomonte California on Sunday announced that it bought 1,790 acres of farmland in Blythe, California — an agricultural town along the Colorado River — for nearly $32 million. Two years ago, Fondomont's parent company, Saudi food giant Almarai, purchased another 10,000 acres of farmland about 50 miles away in Vicksburg, Arizona, for around $48 million.

<snip>

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/15/saudi-arabia-buying-up-farmland-in-us-southwest.html

Invasion of America continues. Smh! We are in a damn drought and we are allowing this to happen. They use our water and send the hay back to their country because they have no water. The U.S. is INSANE. 

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf countries are scooping up farmland in drought-afflicted regions of the U.S. Southwest, and that has some people in California and Arizona seeing red.

Saudi Arabia grows alfalfa hay in both states for shipment back to its domestic dairy herds. In another real-life example of the world's interconnected economy, the Saudis increasingly look to produce animal feed overseas in order to save water in their own territory, most of which is desert.

Privately held Fondomonte California on Sunday announced that it bought 1,790 acres of farmland in Blythe, California — an agricultural town along the Colorado River — for nearly $32 million. Two years ago, Fondomont's parent company, Saudi food giant Almarai, purchased another 10,000 acres of farmland about 50 miles away in Vicksburg, Arizona, for around $48 million.

<snip>

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/15/saudi-arabia-buying-up-farmland-in-us-southwest.html

Invasion of America continues. Smh! We are in a damn drought and we are allowing this to happen. They use our water and send the hay back to their country because they have no water. The U.S. is INSANE. 

Now this I have a huge problem with! Yes I realize that they have to pay property tax on said property( maybe). But this is just as bad as nestle stealing water from all over the U.S to sell all over the world for major profits. I'm just hoping that enough people get outraged and start demanding changes. But I fear that the people's resources have been sold from under them! Only a matter of time before a mass uprising.

1 person likes this

We're on a continent surrounded by water and we let foreigners come and go as they please and buy up our resources. :JSfrXsb:

If they need animal feed, let them buy it from the farmers if they so desire to export it, keeping the profit in the hands of Americans.

2 people like this

Just now, YourMom2 said:

We're on a continent surrounded by water and we let foreigners come and go as they please and buy up our resources. :JSfrXsb:

If they need animal feed, let them buy it from the farmers if they so desire to export it, keeping the profit in the hands of Americans.

The Chinese already bought out the largest pork producer in the U.S.  I forgot the name and it was last year sometime they did that. I guess food security means nothing to the government, they're worried about national security... hmmm... that's food for though (pun intended). Food and water should be TOP priority when it comes to national security, but we're securing everyone else's national security, but ours. Bring in illegals by the millions and wonder why we have no water? Give away our water to Saudi nationals to grow food for THEIR cows and ship it out, NO PROBLEM! Born here, be a slave to everyone, not just this government but to everyone else that arrives, regardless of how they got here. :onfire:

Probably being sold to them by corrupt BLM officials no less.

I can't understand how this doesn't amount to foreign incursion in the supposedly sovereign country of the U.S. Most of Saudia Arabian companies are owned/connected to the house of Saud, even if not legally.  Unless they are an embassy, how is this not wrong?

I'm sure on paper it isn't, but how is it realistically any difference to selling off parts of the Country, even if the land is privately owned? Blast the Lawyers enabling this!

:onfire:

1 hour ago, Quick1966 said:

But this is just as bad as nestle stealing water from all over the U.S to sell all over the world for major profits.

Nestle, starting this year will pay the province of British Columbia $2.25 per million litres of water.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/nestl%C3%A9-faces-renewed-criticism-as-b-c-drought-continues-1.3145929

2 dollars and 25 cents (CDN) for a million litres of water. Currently they get it for free.

3 minutes ago, Sky Cat said:

:onfire:

LOL awful huh? But it occurs to me there may be more to it, as in, if BC sells the water as a commodity, the resource becomes commodified under NAFTA and BC has no right to protect the resource.

Edited by Brio

3 minutes ago, Brio said:

Nestle, starting this year will pay the province of British Columbia $2.25 per million litres of water.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/nestl%C3%A9-faces-renewed-criticism-as-b-c-drought-continues-1.3145929

2 dollars and 25 cents (CDN) for a million litres of water. Currently they get it for free.

Their license is expired here in Cali and they keep on pumping! Omg! People buy a water filter and a stainless steel water bottle. I guess that's too much work? 

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Their license is expired here in Cali and they keep on pumping! Omg! People buy a water filter and a stainless steel water bottle. I guess that's too much work? 

Buh buh plastic is getting cheaper with the lower oil prices, never mind all the trash it produces. Those lazy twits would freak if all the convenience stores went away.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.