Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

US govt activates emergency bird flu plan

16 posts in this topic

U.S. farm and health officials are racing to assess the threat that a type of bird flu never before seen in the country poses to humans and poultry, employing emergency plans drawn up in the wake of a devastating outbreak in birds last year.

The federal government sprang into action on Friday after confirmation overnight that the virus had hit an Indiana turkey farm, alerting other states to the danger and putting workers who might have been exposed to the virus under surveillance.

Last year's outbreak led to the deaths of more than 48 million chickens and turkeys, either killed by the virus or culled to contain it. No cases were reported in humans.

Strains similar to the new virus, known as H7N8, have on rare occasions made people ill and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state officials aim to reduce the risk of human infection.

<snip>

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/18/us-govt-activates-emergency-bird-flu-plan.html

One of these day they'll figure out that you can't pack chickens together the way you can with tuna in a tin. Disease is always going to happen when there is overcrowding from all the filth, whether it be human or animal. They are saying wild bird dropping are what's causing this? WTH? Those chickens on those factory farms never see freaking daylight and have a roof over their heads all the time. 

3 people like this

There goes the price of chicken and eggs!

1 person likes this

I hate the way they treat chickens in those "farms".
Chickens are very sweet, lovey animals.
They make great pets.

Oh, and here's the virus doom we've been missing this winter.
Gotta make the people afraid so they'll get get their shots.
:wink:

3 people like this

8 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

They make great pets.

Lol! Yes its vitally important for our health! It's those crazy anti-vaxxers that are a threat to our herd immunity!

7 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Lol! Yes its vitally important for our health! It's those crazy anti-vaxxers that are a threat to our herd immunity!

:IGly6RW:

It has nothing to do with garbage "food" or toxic chemicals.
It's all you crazy health nuts that make everyone else sick!

2 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

:IGly6RW:

It has nothing to do with garbage "food" or toxic chemicals.
It's all you crazy health nuts that make everyone else sick!

:yah:

I am wondering if these 'kill offs' are just cleverly hidden increases in inflation

1 person likes this

I think the farms are being targeted. Last year one of the farms was Amish or Mennonite or one of those sects. Do we hear about Tyson putting down birds?

"Even if the response is fast, the government's ability to contain the disease is far from certain." :jptdknpa: Heck, they can't even contain guys dressed in black in a fleet of used Toyota pickups, they think they can contain vector and evolving quickly into airborn cross-species microbes?!!? :rofl:

4 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

They make great pets.

I know, they're saying this can be transmitted from chickens to people. I wonder how they transmit stupid to stupid. lol 

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I know, they're saying this can be transmitted from chickens to people. I wonder how they transmit stupid to stupid. lol 

:lol_alpha:

I'm not sure but seems to be super contagious. 
Didn't have a warning out last year not to hug your back yard chickens or something?
How about don't put thousands of mistreated animals in one overcrowded enclosure.

5 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

They make great pets.

For real.   There are free range roaming chickens in my neighborhood I've befriended, they are awesome.   I feed them when they stop by my yard and the kids like playing with them.   They are so much fun, I'd have a difficult time slaughtering my own chickens if I owned any.   I just can't kill animals, it's not in me.   

But of course it's time for a mass slaughter of some over man made creations of diseases.  Sick bastards.  One of the first things I'd do if I became like Superman would be to stick these bastards in small coups all squashed together living in their own stool daily, then I'd give them a few good whacks to the head to shut them up from their complaining.   I'm beyond disgusted with the commercial farms treatment of animals, such evil in our midst.   I can only hope they get what they deserve.

Edited by JibbyJedi

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.