Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Judge says homeowners CAN beat up burglars because new 'householder defence' does not break human rights laws

10 posts in this topic

Judges have backed ‘bash a burglar’ laws that give householders the right to use force to tackle intruders.

In a landmark ruling, the High Court said allowing people to use ‘disproportionate’ levels of violence to protect themselves and their families from housebreakers did not breach human rights laws.

In 2013, then Justice Secretary Chris Grayling toughened up self-protection laws to dispel doubts over the right to fight back against burglars.

But the ‘householder defence’ was challenged by the family of a man who has been in a coma for more than two years after he was tackled when he entered a home at 3am.

<snip>

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3401442/Judge-says-homeowners-beat-burglars-new-householder-defence-does-not-break-human-rights-laws.html#ixzz3xRfXQ7T2 

Can't even believe anyone would question being able to defend yourself in your own home when someone breaks into it. I'd really like to know what they think you are to do? Let them move in with you? lol

they teach us this crap in school from early age. defend yourself from a bully, get suspended / expelled.

what did you expect? tis the system of teaching you are a slave. if they had it their way there would be a camera in every room including the bathroom of your house with people paid to watch for suspicious activity...

Edited by daersoulkeeper

2 minutes ago, daersoulkeeper said:

they teach us this crap in school from early age. defend yourself from a bully, get suspended / expelled.

what did you expect? tis the system of teaching you are a slave. if they had it their way there would be a camera in every room including the bathroom of your house with people paid to watch for suspicious activity...

This is from the UK, but it's almost as bad here in the U.S. They want you to run inside the house and call the police if anyone comes onto your property starting trouble with you. If you talk back to the perp, then you've "shown that you don't fear them" and get what you deserve if you don't run. 

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

This is from the UK, but it's almost as bad here in the U.S. They want you to run inside the house and call the police if anyone comes onto your property starting trouble with you. If you talk back to the perp, then you've "shown that you don't fear them" and get what you deserve if you don't run. 

But of course, rapists must be protected from their victims, just ask comrade Merkel.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Yep, in 'Merica we just shoot the perps but still subject to backlash depending on your state and Castle Domain. I'm in favor of video camera security that would positively ID the intruder. Since the UK has cameras on every corner, citizens should utilize them at home in order to beat them at their own game.

Mr Collins’s father Peter, who disputes that his son was an intruder, launched a legal battle claiming the ‘bash a burglar’ laws contravened Article 2 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which protects life.

With positive ID of his son, Peter Collins wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court as the homeowner unequivocally acted in self defense protecting his own right to safety in his own home. Human rights are for the protection of innocents, not criminals!

1 person likes this

I'll be judged by twelve before I am carried by six... period. Don't need some black robed "judge" to tell me when to defend myself..

It's insane that right to protect yourself and your family from an intruder is even questioned.

2 people like this

19 hours ago, daersoulkeeper said:

After taking "turn the other cheek" literally through elementary & middle school, the ringleader of the a**h**S kicked me in the stomach on the way to my car. I lost it, don't remember much other than them stopping my thumping his head against a wall. I was permanently expelled from the Entire State's school systems - luckily there was a nearby Baptist school that allowed me in. Nearly broke my parents, but unless they moved we had no other choice.

Even here in the States I'm told that if someone breaks in, make sure they are insIDE the building before protecting yourself.

7 minutes ago, BlueHawK said:

After taking "turn the other cheek" literally through elementary & middle school, the ringleader of the a**h**S kicked me in the stomach on the way to my car. I lost it, don't remember much other than them stopping my thumping his head against a wall. I was permanently expelled from the Entire State's school systems - luckily there was a nearby Baptist school that allowed me in. Nearly broke my parents, but unless they moved we had no other choice.

Even here in the States I'm told that if someone breaks in, make sure they are insIDE the building before protecting yourself.

Yep, it's always the one who reacts in self defense that gets the blame.

6 hours ago, BlueHawK said:

I'm told that if someone breaks in, make sure they are insIDE the building before protecting yourself.

Harsh story BlueHawk, but good advice. Thanks.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.