Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

ufo2 possible UFO caught on dash cam Darwin NT Australia

12 posts in this topic

Published on Jan 4, 2016

Did we see a UFO on our dash cam? We were leaving a service station in Darwin NT when our dash cam captured a super fast object moving through the sky. We took some screen shots of the video and enhanced them to get a better look at the object which appear at end of this video.

1 person likes this

Here's an article, though I can't stand The Huffington Post, here it is:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ufo-over-darwin-australia-string-of-colored-pearls_5697f3a0e4b0ce496423b39f

Paul and Sylvia Mayo were leaving a gas station in Darwin, the capital city of Australia's Northern Territory, in the early morning hours of June 12, 2015, when their car dash cam caught something streaking through the air.

"My wife and I both saw the object shoot across the sky, and the next day we looked at the video footage from our dash cam to see if it had recorded the object and were delighted to see that it had," Paul Mayo told The Huffington Post in an email.

"We were puzzled at the time to explain what it was, but being the busy people we are, put it aside and didn't think that much more about it, particularly since we're both UFO skeptics."

Mayo explained how, six months later, he watched the video footage again, still puzzled by it all.

"Being lifelong amateur astronomers and astrophotographers, we know what a shooting star looks like, what an aircraft looks like, how fast an aircraft moves, what a satellite looks like, what the International Space Station looks like, but the object on our footage didn't fit any of these airborne objects."

Mayo decided to take a screen grab from their video, zooming in on the image and increasing the contrast.

"We sat there gobsmacked, looking at this image of what looked like a string of colored pearls."

<snip>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ufo-over-darwin-australia-string-of-colored-pearls_5697f3a0e4b0ce496423b39f

I know this super straight-laced engineer. One day he asked me if I had ever seen a UFO. I never have, but he drew me a picture of one he saw a long time ago. That is exactly how he drew it and described the colors. It had a dome shaped part above the lights.

I guess it sounds kind of cliché with the flying saucer shape and all. But this guy is the most serious person I know and it was out of character for him to even bring up a subject like that.

He saw it very close up, hovering. When he told me the story, I could tell he was remembering it.

I am calling that one a bat.

While playing around with it in a video editor (running it forward and backwards) you can see a wave pattern in its flight through the frame. (looks like 3 flaps of the wings while visible)

I watch a lot of bats flying around where I live in the summer time at dusk. The flight pattern is very similar to ones I have seen them fly over the nearby field while scooping up bugs. (flap, glide, flap, glide, flap glide) Bugs would certainly be attracted to all those bright lights in that parking lot area.

As to the still images they added to the video; You can't trust low resolution "enhanced" digital images, especially ones shot through a dirty window. lol

So, yep. I am going with that being a bat.

My 2 cents worth.

7 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

While playing around with it in a video editor (running it forward and backwards) you can see a wave pattern in its flight through the frame. (looks like 3 flaps of the wings while visible)

I watch a lot of bats flying around where I live in the summer time at dusk. The flight pattern is very similar to ones I have seen them fly over the nearby field while scooping up bugs. (flap, glide, flap, glide, flap glide) Bugs would certainly be attracted to all those bright lights in that parking lot area.

As to the still images they added to the video; You can't trust low resolution "enhanced" digital images, especially ones shot through a dirty window. lol

My 2 cents worth.

It's a fricken alien spacecraft, man.

Designed to fly like a bat.

Piloted by little green bat people.

1 minute ago, VonLud said:

It's a fricken alien spacecraft, man.

Designed to fly like a bat.

Piloted by little green bat people.

That would have been my second guess. lmao

19 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

My 2 cents worth.

I'm going with a glowing pterosaur.

:damned:

Darwin!  Aint that the place they'd put the pipe in when the world one day needs an enema (clyster)?  There is virtually nothing there so them aliens must have been lost.. (Sorry Aussies)

There are many unexplained phenomena in our world (flat or round).  That there are interests and "visits" by extraterrestrial beings is clearly a fact, however I suspect that as little as 10% of the reported stuff is real.  There are many other things that could be mistaken for the real thing and then you have these bored fools who have nothing else to do than create "modified" reports and try and sell them off as the real McCoy.  Also there is a strong rumour that the wacky-weed is freely used in those parts of Aus..

7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Did we see a UFO on our dash cam?

Yeah, the f***ers are everywhere
:IGly6RW:

7 hours ago, RabidWolf said:

My 2 cents worth.

My 2 cents? That "bat" had to be flapping its wings like a hummingbird, to make that pulse pattern and fly that fast across the frame.

8 hours ago, Challenger said:

My 2 cents? That "bat" had to be flapping its wings like a hummingbird, to make that pulse pattern and fly that fast across the frame.

I saw no "pulse pattern" in the actual video of it flying through, only after they messed around with "enhancements" in a still image. Speed estimate would be about 45-50mph, and some bats can fly up to 60mph.

Like I said, I watch the bats flying around my area all summer long and this video is not unlike what I have seen with my own eyes. (minus the dirty windshield and digital camera pixelation that caused the still image colors after they messed with the image contrast)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.