Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Georgia Democrats Introduce ‘Assault Weapon’ Confiscation Bill

55 posts in this topic

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/13/georgia-democrats-introduce-assault-weapon-confiscation-bill/

On January 11, Democrats in Georgia’s state house introduced a bill that bans “assault weapons” and opens the door for the “seizure” of such weapons, along with accessories like “high capacity” magazines.

The bill–HB 731–is sponsored by Mary Margaret Oliver (D-83rd), Stacey Abrams (D-89th), Carolyn Hugley (D-136th), Pat Gardiner (D-57th), Dar’shun Kendrick (D-93rd), Dee Dawkins-Haigler (D-91st).

According to the text of HB 731, the bill focuses on ” dangerous instrumentalities and practices” by prohibiting the “possession, sale, transport, distribution, or use of certain assault weapons, large capacity magazines, armor-piercing bullets, and incendiary .50 caliber bullets.” Moreover, the details punishment for crimes involving “the possession, sale, transport, distribution, or use of certain assault weapons, large capacity magazines, armor-piercing bullets, and incendiary .50 caliber bullets.”

It also “[designates] certain weaponry and ammunition as contraband and [requires] seizure of such by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.”

<snip>

This is draconian. Seizure... hmm... just how are they going to accomplish that!? These people never stop. Persistence is a dangerous trait when the owner of that trait is on the wrong path. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/13/georgia-democrats-introduce-assault-weapon-confiscation-bill/

On January 11, Democrats in Georgia’s state house introduced a bill that bans “assault weapons” and opens the door for the “seizure” of such weapons, along with accessories like “high capacity” magazines.

The bill–HB 731–is sponsored by Mary Margaret Oliver (D-83rd), Stacey Abrams (D-89th), Carolyn Hugley (D-136th), Pat Gardiner (D-57th), Dar’shun Kendrick (D-93rd), Dee Dawkins-Haigler (D-91st).

According to the text of HB 731, the bill focuses on ” dangerous instrumentalities and practices” by prohibiting the “possession, sale, transport, distribution, or use of certain assault weapons, large capacity magazines, armor-piercing bullets, and incendiary .50 caliber bullets.” Moreover, the details punishment for crimes involving “the possession, sale, transport, distribution, or use of certain assault weapons, large capacity magazines, armor-piercing bullets, and incendiary .50 caliber bullets.”

It also “[designates] certain weaponry and ammunition as contraband and [requires] seizure of such by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.”

<snip>

This is draconian. Seizure... hmm... just how are they going to accomplish that!? These people never stop. Persistence is a dangerous trait when the owner of that trait is on the wrong path. 

Yup I second that! But it's like the old saying goes." When guns are outlawed only the government will have them. The government and a few outlaws. If that happens then count me among the outlaws!"

3 people like this

This must be the week to push crazy anti gun bills. There is one being shoved through in here in the PNW

that even contains an emergency clause so that it cannot even be debated.

The crazy bill creates a "no buy list" similar to a no fly list. Anonymous calls made to authorities by physicians, educators and family members of potential gun purchasers are automatically put on the no buy list should the accusation of mental health arise. Most won't even know that they have been placed on the list and will not even be able to contest it until they learn that they are on it.

It's a dangerous bill but the libtards are moving forward with it

2 minutes ago, Team Uzi said:

This must be the week to push crazy anti gun bills. There is one being shoved through in here in the PNW

The crazy bill creates a "no buy list" similar to a no fly list. Anonymous calls made to authorities by physicians, educators and family members of potential gun purchasers are automatically put on the no buy list should the accusation of mental health arise. Most won't even know that they have been placed on the list and will not even be able to contest it until they learn that they are on it.

Putting people on lists without their knowledge, taking away rights with no due process. What country am I in? 

1 minute ago, Team Uzi said:

Don't forget the most important part of the whole thing. They can put anyone on the list, they can then go and assassinate any american they deem as a threat to them. And then they will just say.....??? we believed the individual was mentally ill so we defended ourselves when he/she walked towards us.

2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Don't forget the most important part of the whole thing. They can put anyone on the list, they can then go and assassinate any american they deem as a threat to them. And then they will just say.....??? we believed the individual was mentally ill so we defended ourselves when he/she walked towards us.

Here is the link:

http://leekyforums.com/thread/4568724/politics/oregon-bill-to-be-introduced-allows-people-to-call.html

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

What's really weird about this bill is that your boyfriend / girlfriend can't report you but your boss can? Your crazy cousin across the country can? A professor at community college can?

WTF?

Edited by Team Uzi

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Putting people on lists without their knowledge, taking away rights with no due process. What country am I in? 

Right! It's like the twilight zone everyday I wake up. There seems to be some new legislation that they're planning on introducing. Well funny thing though is every time I go fishing me and all my friends guns always get lost!?

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Team Uzi said:

What's really weird about this bill is that your boyfriend / girlfriend can't report you but your boss can? Your crazy cousin across the country can? A professor at community college can?

WTF?

Open to abuse.... tbh i think 60% of those that will end up on need not even be on it.

1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

Open to abuse.... tbh i think 60% of those that will end up on need not even be on it.

Very true! And once your on me thinks it will be impossible to get off those lists!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.