Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

DHS plan to shut down mobile cell phones can stay secret after Supreme Court snub

4 posts in this topic

Without any explanation, the Supreme Court on Monday refused to take up a petition from a privacy advocacy group seeking to uncover secret Department of Homeland Security documents regarding a cell phone kill switch plan.

The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) has been trying to obtain declassified information on Standard Operating Procedure 303, or the Emergency Wireless Protocols, since 2011, but Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests have so far gone nowhere.

The secretive program, handled by the National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee (NSTAC) under DHS, was allowed to remain secret after a federal appeals court found in May that FOIA did not apply to this particular program if DHS believed its release would “endanger” the public.

The appeals court described SOP 303 as a “unified voluntary process for the orderly shut-down and restoration of wireless services during critical emergencies such as the threat of radio-activated improvised explosive devices,” reports Ars Technica.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/usa/328713-dhs-cell-phone-shutdown-plan/

They have an excuse for every single thing they want to take from us and it's our own safety and security. What a land of wimps we live in. Fear! More fear! What would it be like to live with a government that actually worked for us and gave a crap about the people, who didn't rob us and waste the money they steal? I don't even know! Is there anywhere in the whole world like that? Maybe Antarctica where no politician would want to go.

Good post

All out of green atm.

"Is there anywhere in the whole world like that?"
The Soviet Union and East Germany was once like that.  Now you have the same slime running your "government".  You Mercans need to take back control of- and demand accountability of your government and representatives.

2 minutes ago, Sky Cat said:

Good post

All out of green atm.

"Is there anywhere in the whole world like that?"
The Soviet Union and East Germany was once like that.  Now you have the same slime running your "government".  You Mercans need to take back control of- and demand accountability of your government and representatives.

The only way to take back any control is from the ground up, locally. Nothing else is working and they've positioned themselves in ivory towers where We The People have no say in anything. You can go to D.C. and I guarantee you that you will sit outside in the hall waiting for your representative to talk to you until hell literally freezes over and you would watch a stream of lobbyists go in and out of the offices because you have nothing to give them and the lobbyists do. 

This system is so rotten and decayed that the only thing they are going to understand at this point is fear for their very lives and good luck with that, they've got all the firepower and all the laws on their side now. Elections don't work, obviously. 

The revolution will not be televised, but it's going to happen because people are just pissed off all the time. If I had an anger gauge, I'd say the level has doubled in the past 4 years of just regular people who have no idea what's really behind all of this but know in their gut that something is terribly wrong. 

Waits some more...but it's coming.

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

The only way to take back any control is from the ground up, locally. Nothing else is working and they've positioned themselves in ivory towers where We The People have no say in anything. You can go to D.C. and I guarantee you that you will sit outside in the hall waiting for your representative to talk to you until hell literally freezes over and you would watch a stream of lobbyists go in and out of the offices because you have nothing to give them and the lobbyists do. 

This system is so rotten and decayed that the only thing they are going to understand at this point is fear for their very lives and good luck with that, they've got all the firepower and all the laws on their side now. Elections don't work, obviously. 

The revolution will not be televised, but it's going to happen because people are just pissed off all the time. If I had an anger gauge, I'd say the level has doubled in the past 4 years of just regular people who have no idea what's really behind all of this but know in their gut that something is terribly wrong. 

Waits some more...but it's coming.

Yes, you're right, the revolution is coming.  They are leaving you no choice.  Just guard against that, too, being hijacked.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.