Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Launching our New Donation System!

21 posts in this topic

We have overhauled our simple donation widget to now include benefits for our users. You can find these perks below. Regular members have not been limited in bringing this new change in. You can now see who donated. 

You can view the donation page here as well as donate.

Perks for Donating!

• Entry to Supporter Group
  • Special Donor Tag attached to each of your posts
  • 100% Ad-free Browsing
  • Maximum number of positive reputation points allowed to give per day raised to 10
  • Private Conversations allowed per day raised to Unlimited
  • Maximum recipients per private conversation raised to 5
  • Conversation storage quota raised to Unlimited
  • You will be doing an great thing and karma shall reward you one day. 
  • You will feel Awesome!

To be eligible for perks you must donate between 5.00USD - 500.00USD

PLEASE NOTE: The above perks are per Monthly Donation.

4 people like this

spot on shep. i have ongoing fear of online transactions so all i can do is donate time spent being active here

$5.80 total? That can't be right, Shep. I gave more than that myself. Did mine go for last month? Like Storm, I have a fear of PayPal. I use it, but the monthly auto-debit leaves our info in the cloud even more. :unsure:

20 minutes ago, grav said:

$5.80 total? That can't be right, Shep. I gave more than that myself. Did mine go for last month? Like Storm, I have a fear of PayPal. I use it, but the monthly auto-debit leaves our info in the cloud even more. :unsure:

:hug:@grav  You're on the list for an upgrade to your account tomorrow. We've been working on it until just about an hour ago and shep will finish up with it tomorrow. He was trying to move the bar to show the donations already made and it wasn't cooperating manually. It'll be fixed (hopefully) and probably a bug report sent in on some other things, too, for the new plugin, if it needs to be, not sure yet about that. It might not be accurate until the next month rolls over b/c of issues with the new plugin installation. 

The 5.80 is money I donated to be used to test parts of the new software to see how it was going to work since it's a new install. Everything donated from here on out should show up ok. 

I like the new donation system and the fact that donation comes with extra perks. Im not so sure about listing the names and donation amounts.

I know this sounds a bit crazy but some folks might be embarrassed to donate a small amount (because that's all they can afford) when others are donating more. It also sets the stage for people to claim favoritism based on donation amounts

I can see the posts now.."Well, the only reason you get to say that and not get a warning is because you donated 50 bucks."  Or, "For someone who has never donated to the forum you sure have a lot to say"

I could be wrong but I feel by listing the amount people donate, it might open the door for folks to throw donation numbers at each other.

Maybe just list the names and leave it at that????

6 minutes ago, CGK said:

I like the new donation system and the fact that donation comes with extra perks. Im not so sure about listing the names and donation amounts.

I know this sounds a bit crazy but some folks might be embarrassed to donate a small amount (because that's all they can afford) when others are donating more. It also sets the stage for people to claim favoritism based on donation amounts

I can see the posts now.."Well, the only reason you get to say that and not get a warning is because you donated 50 bucks."  Or, "For someone who has never donated to the forum you sure have a lot to say"

I could be wrong but I feel by listing the amount people donate, it might open the door for folks to throw donation numbers at each other.

Spirit of competition could kick in, could be bad or good, what about an option to hide or show what you donated instead? If it gets bad as you say, shep could just turn the whole thing off. Should we consider the Donation Features a work in progress for now?

24 minutes ago, CGK said:

That's part of the issues we're dealing with, probably need to send in a bug report for that to the software developer. The button isn't working for anonymous donations and there is one, it just isn't blocking the user name like it should. You can make the amount anonymous now, that feature works now. 

6 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Spirit of competition could kick in, could be bad or good, what about an option to hide or show what you donated instead? If it gets bad as you say, shep could just turn the whole thing off. Should we consider the Donation Features a work in progress for now?

Competition is great, but I don't know a lot of people who like to compete in giving money away. LOL

Or maybe just make donation levels and with a color code

$5 -$25..Silver Star

$25 - $50..Gold Star

Anything about that gets a Purple Heart!

1 minute ago, CGK said:

Competition is great, but I don't know a lot of people who like to compete in giving money away. LOL

Or maybe just make donation levels and with a color code

$5 -$25..Silver Star

$25 - $50..Gold Star

Anything about that gets a Purple Heart!

It'll show you as a supporter by your name and there's another recognition on there, too, a little badge or something, I forgot what it looks like, it'll show uniformly for all donors I think. Yeah, purple heart, lol. 

Just now, DarkKnightNomeD said:

My gut tells me you gals are secretly plotting to Rhinestone this forum.........         CONSPIRACY!

@CGK@Cinnamon

Who told you about the bling? CGK? hahah 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.