Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucy Barnable

"Weightism"

54 posts in this topic

Described as an “emerging academic field” that focuses on combating “weightism,” “fat stigma,” and the “weight based oppression” of fat people, “fat studies” courses are popping up on college campuses across the country.

Typically found in women and gender studies departments, fat studies courses don’t study obesity as a leading cause of death in America but rather approach fatness as a “social justice” issue, and usually focus on “fat liberation” movements and activism as ways to combat the “stigma” attached to obesity.

During the winter 2016 term (happening now), Oregon State University is offering a three-credit course simply titled “Fat Studies.” According to the university website, the course “Frames weight-based oppression as a social justice issue, exploring forms of activism used to counter weightism perpetuated throughout various societal institutions.”

Fat studies courses typically advocate against the position that obesity is unhealthy or undesirable, instead calling for understanding and acceptance. One such course offered by the University of Maryland College Park, singles out dieting as a “special enemy” that must be defeated. The syllabus for “Introduction To Fat Studies” states that the field of fat studies “is not concerned with the eradication of fatness, but with offering a sustained critique of anti-fat sentiment, discrimination, and policy.” Reading material for that course included reading something called the “Fat Liberation Manifesto.” Similarly, Willamette University offered a fat studies class this past fall titled “Fat!: The science, culture, and politics of weight.” According to the university website, the course “takes the perspective of the growing field of fat studies—an approach that asks us to suspend the dominant culture’s often reflexive and moralistic negative judgments about fat.” A PowerPoint presentation from the course consistently discourages weight loss and denies that being fat is unhealthy.

Source: http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/11/fat-studies-courses-fat-awareness-groups-spread-across-universities/#ixzz3x4dsm3FE

Edited by Ukshep
FIXED POSTED SPAZZING OUT :D
1 person likes this

70% of Americans overweight or obese, study finds

Seventy percent of American adults — and three of every four men 25 and older — were overweight or obese from 2007 to 2012, representing even more weight problems than estimated.
A study by the Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, published online Monday in JAMA Internal Medicine, found that 75 percent of men and 67 percent of women during that five-year span were overweight or obese, with the highest percentages among Mexican men at 80.9 percent and non-Hispanic African-American women at 82.6 percent.
It’s unlikely that obesity rates have fallen since 2012.
-----
A study 20 years ago for the same age group showed 63 percent were overweight or obese, reflecting a sizable percentage increase.
Weight gain raises the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers, including breast cancer, among other health problems.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Food/2015/06/23/70-of-Americans-overweight-or-obese-study-finds.html

There is a point where fluffy moves into the area of obesese. But I want to say something on this. I love me a fluffy lady, who treats me more than just right. She's the awesome. And her waist line isn't so diffrent from this lass:

https://www.toperfect.com/la-Nymphe-De-Foret-Italian-female-nude-Piero-della-Francesca.html

So there's a point. And recently, women are starting to realize it. If your body type is naturally thin, fine. If fluffy, fine. Own it.

Now if you're this skinny:

https://thewonderfulworldofteresa.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/size0model_285x4501.jpg

Eat something. For the love of God, eat something. 

If you're this fat:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/4891235/Im-a-size-30-at-14I-dont-want-to-be-the-next-Georgia.html

It's time to start an exercise program. Nothing body builder wwe shit, but something. I hear from Shep Yoga does wonders o.o

But we all have our body types. I'm a skinny tall guy. And happy as such. I wouldn't mind another 30 pounds of raw muscle, but if I really wanted it, I should be hitting the ground more in pushups and situps. Maybe a gym membership e.e But the bottom line is this, God made you perfect as you are. Be it a thin reed like myself, or a fluffy bunny like my life long love, you were made that way cause God was like, "Yep, that's perfect." Sooner you get that, sooner you get the confidence to enjoy being you. Took me til I was 18 to even start seeing myself in the mirror as anything more than a negative, and that really is a big step. You gotta love yourself for who God made you. He did it for a reason. What that reasoning is, idk, I'm not quite as smart as the big G, but I do know this, there is beauty in everyone, if they could only learn to embrace it.

11 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

I raise.

and I see yours and call:

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Team Uzi said:

God I love her, I have follower her since the beginning she is so funny.

13 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

There is a point where fluffy moves into the area of obesese. But I want to say something on this. I love me a fluffy lady, who treats me more than just right. She's the awesome. And her waist line isn't so diffrent from this lass:

https://www.toperfect.com/la-Nymphe-De-Foret-Italian-female-nude-Piero-della-Francesca.html

So there's a point. And recently, women are starting to realize it. If your body type is naturally thin, fine. If fluffy, fine. Own it.

Now if you're this skinny:

https://thewonderfulworldofteresa.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/size0model_285x4501.jpg

Eat something. For the love of God, eat something. 

If you're this fat:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/4891235/Im-a-size-30-at-14I-dont-want-to-be-the-next-Georgia.html

It's time to start an exercise program. Nothing body builder wwe shit, but something. I hear from Shep Yoga does wonders o.o

But we all have our body types. I'm a skinny tall guy. And happy as such. I wouldn't mind another 30 pounds of raw muscle, but if I really wanted it, I should be hitting the ground more in pushups and situps. Maybe a gym membership e.e But the bottom line is this, God made you perfect as you are. Be it a thin reed like myself, or a fluffy bunny like my life long love, you were made that way cause God was like, "Yep, that's perfect." Sooner you get that, sooner you get the confidence to enjoy being you. Took me til I was 18 to even start seeing myself in the mirror as anything more than a negative, and that really is a big step. You gotta love yourself for who God made you. He did it for a reason. What that reasoning is, idk, I'm not quite as smart as the big G, but I do know this, there is beauty in everyone, if they could only learn to embrace it.

People are not one size fits all and there's nothing wrong with that but I do think this fat acceptance movement is dangerous.
The progressive liberals are having plus size pantie problems and teaching young people it's healthy to be overweight is wrong imo.

The Fat Studies course doesn't teach about the risks of being obese or about nutrition and diet.
It focuses on #fatophobia, #thinprivelege and #fatlivesmatter and how to combat the sigma associated with obesity.

I've been looking for an article on fat acceptance to post here but they all contain NSFW photos.
:unsure:

26 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

I raise.

It's NOT All About That 'Bass'

The music industry is overloaded with songs about what it takes to get a man, how to be fierce for a man, and how to outshine another girl for a man and I jumped for joy when Meghan Trainer came out with the chart topper "All About That Bass." With a mega following of young girls, I felt a girl power anthem with an emphasis on positive body image for all girls was long overdue... until I listened to the lyrics. Unfortunately, the lyrics give young girls a negative perception of what is expected of them as they grow up with the pressures of today's media driven society. I believe no matter a girls size, self-love is vital to positive self esteem and confidence, however, in the process of lifting curvy girls up these lyrics shame skinny girls with a mantra of so called Girl Power and are shaping girls to believe that pleasing boys comes first.

Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do
'Cause I got that boom boom that all the boys chase
And all the right junk in all the right places

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lauren-galley/its-not-all-about-that-ba_b_6004608.html

11 minutes ago, Team Uzi said:

Mine would snap that ***** in half lol. No zombie roll there. But I gotta hope she;s talking about those that Obesese and not just fluffy. Also, Meghan is hotter than that cake face e.e

2 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

People are not one size fits all and there's nothing wrong with that but I do think this fat acceptance movement is dangerous.
The progressive liberals are having plus size pantie problems and teaching young people it's healthy to be overweight is wrong imo.

The Fat Studies course doesn't teach about the risks of being obese or about nutrition and diet.
It focuses on #fatophobia, #thinprivelege and #fatlivesmatter and how to combat the sigma associated with obesity.

I've been looking for an article on fat acceptance to post here but they all contain NSFW photos.
:unsure:

lol I'm good on nsfw obese pics e.e thanks for sparing us all. I'm not talking about 400 lbs of doesn't walk a mile a day, I'm saying that some ladies come in over 150 and are still hot. Don't want those ladies to think they need to do anything but be amazing. Thus the pic refrences I placed in my prior post ^.^;

She actually took heat for this video.

Idk why, she says it like it is.

Megan looks like she chases parked cars.

LOL.

5 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

It's NOT All About That 'Bass'

The music industry is overloaded with songs about what it takes to get a man, how to be fierce for a man, and how to outshine another girl for a man and I jumped for joy when Meghan Trainer came out with the chart topper "All About That Bass." With a mega following of young girls, I felt a girl power anthem with an emphasis on positive body image for all girls was long overdue... until I listened to the lyrics. Unfortunately, the lyrics give young girls a negative perception of what is expected of them as they grow up with the pressures of today's media driven society. I believe no matter a girls size, self-love is vital to positive self esteem and confidence, however, in the process of lifting curvy girls up these lyrics shame skinny girls with a mantra of so called Girl Power and are shaping girls to believe that pleasing boys comes first.

Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do
'Cause I got that boom boom that all the boys chase
And all the right junk in all the right places

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lauren-galley/its-not-all-about-that-ba_b_6004608.html

She wasn't dissing on thin girls, she even dances with some to show it's not the size that matters. But there was a ligit hate group, still is obviously, about a girl that doesn't think size 2 is the all natural. Anyone twisting it from there is literally ignoring decades, all the way back to atleast the 50s, of "skinny is right, fat is wrong" no matter how genetics play into it. And honestly, I want a girl I can cuddle, not one that has a the body of a ten year old boy e.e

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.