Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Challenger

What a great morning I had!

14 posts in this topic

So it's blizzard conditions, high winds, ice. So I have a dentist appointment. I go to get in the car but the driver's door is frozen shut. It unlatches but won't open. So I get in the passenger's door and crawl over to the driver's side, which is no fun at all when you're in your late 50s and you drive a 5-speed mini cooper. I start the car, get back out and scrape all the windows. Get back in. Go to the dentist. Come back out, still can't open the driver's door, so back in the passenger's door. Drive to the pharmacy. Come back out, and now the passenger's door is also frozen shut. So I get in through the hatchback and then drive home. No way to open the hatch from inside. I call my son who had no school today due to the weather. He doesn't answer his phone. So I call my husband who is at least a half hour away. Then my son comes out because he wondered why I was taking so long to get out of the car.

How was your morning?

1 person likes this

Dam!  My morning was a heck of a lot better.  I've never had all the doors freeze like that!  And yeah I've had the drivers door freeze and I too experienced the crawl over a five speed in a darn skirt in a little car ... not real fun ...

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Challenger said:

So it's blizzard conditions, high winds, ice. So I have a dentist appointment. I go to get in the car but the driver's door is frozen shut. It unlatches but won't open. So I get in the passenger's door and crawl over to the driver's side, which is no fun at all when you're in your late 50s and you drive a 5-speed mini cooper. I start the car, get back out and scrape all the windows. Get back in. Go to the dentist. Come back out, still can't open the driver's door, so back in the passenger's door. Drive to the pharmacy. Come back out, and now the passenger's door is also frozen shut. So I get in through the hatchback and then drive home. No way to open the hatch from inside. I call my son who had no school today due to the weather. He doesn't answer his phone. So I call my husband who is at least a half hour away. Then my son comes out because he wondered why I was taking so long to get out of the car.

How was your morning?

I had no morning i was snoring my head off till 12 i slept way to long. But yes that is one shitty morning :D

1 person likes this

Now that I'm calmed down...

Well, it could have been worse. Last time I had a dentist appt. my car wouldn't start at all, so I had to reschedule. My husband had the jumper cables so that evening he got the car started, then we went out to have the battery checked. Turns out the used car dealer we got the car from last spring put in a cheap USED battery; it actually had a huge red "USED" sticker right on it. So we shell out $$$ for a new battery. I have GOT to stop making dentist appointments! (I wish; many more to come because my teeth have even started to rot under good quality crowns.)

Plus, I wasn't feeling ill or in a hurry to go anyplace else. I'm just glad to have a car.

2 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Now that I'm calmed down...

Well, it could have been worse. Last time I had a dentist appt. my car wouldn't start at all, so I had to reschedule. My husband had the jumper cables so that evening he got the car started, then we went out to have the battery checked. Turns out the used car dealer we got the car from last spring put in a cheap USED battery; it actually had a huge red "USED" sticker right on it. So we shell out $$$ for a new battery. I have GOT to stop making dentist appointments! (I wish; many more to come because my teeth have even started to rot under good quality crowns.)

Plus, I wasn't feeling ill or in a hurry to go anyplace else. I'm just glad to have a car.

Try oil pulling alongside brushing. It stops the rot in its tracks. Not full-proof but will extend the life of each tooth a lot.

Just now, Ukshep said:

Try oil pulling alongside brushing. It stops the rot in its tracks. Not full-proof but will extend the life of each tooth a lot.

I've heard about that but will have to look into it. But at this point, my teeth are more fillings and crowns than natural enamel, so I'm not sure if they can be naturally saved at this point. I seem to have inherited genes from mostly my mom's side of the family: longevity but bad teeth and arthritis.

2 minutes ago, Challenger said:

I've heard about that but will have to look into it. But at this point, my teeth are more fillings and crowns than natural enamel, so I'm not sure if they can be naturally saved at this point. I seem to have inherited genes from mostly my mom's side of the family: longevity but bad teeth and arthritis.

Well either way i suggest it.... It pulls out the rot and removed the blackness decay. So either way it going to have an effect :D

Apparently there's more to the stuck door problem than mere ice: http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues/138109-door-locks-bowden-cable-service-bulletin.html

And you can't get the panel off while the door's shut. So you have to find a heated garage, leave it there for a few hours, then hope and pray that the doors open.

Fun car to drive, if you can just get inside.

the only car trouble i had was in september when i accidently shut the door while it was warming up. there is no failsafe switch to unlock door while engine is on..had to call road service, they pryed open door with inflatable device..took 2 hours

23 minutes ago, Storm cat said:

the only car trouble i had was in september when i accidently shut the door while it was warming up. there is no failsafe switch to unlock door while engine is on..had to call road service, they pryed open door with inflatable device..took 2 hours

That's so embarrassing, isn't it? Not to mention the lost time.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.