Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

Shipping Said to Have Ceased… Is the Worldwide Economy Grinding to a Halt?

10 posts in this topic

I guess Jeff read that article, the billionaire bit gets me, I want to know more from the insiders before they go to there underground bunkers.

Shipping Said to Have Ceased… Is the Worldwide Economy Grinding to a Halt?

Here are the links, check out the comments.

https://www.dollarvigilante.com/blog/2016/01/11/shipping-said-to-have-ceased-is-the-worldwide-economy-grinding-to-a-halt.html

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-11/nothing-moving-baltic-dry-crashes-insiders-warn-commerce-has-come-halt

-

The continued collapse of The Baltic Dry Index remains ignored by most - besides we still have Netflix, right? But, as Dollar Vigilante's Jeff Berwick details, it appears the worldwide 'real' economy has ground to a halt!!

Last week, I received news from a contact who is friends with one of the biggest billionaire shipping families in the world.  He told me they had no ships at sea right now, because operating them meant running at a loss.

This weekend, reports are circulating saying much the same thing: The North Atlantic has little or no cargo ships traveling in its waters. Instead, they are anchored. Unmoving. Empty.

-

ZeroHedge reported on it this way:

In the past several years, one of the topics covered in detail on these pages has been the surge in such gimmicks designed to disguise lack of demand and end customer sales, used extensively by US automotive manufacturers, better known as “channel stuffing”, of which General Motors is particularly guilty and whose inventory at dealer lots just hit a new record high.  

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

So what will happen? Deflation because of no movement and activity? Or inflation because there will be some demand for some items and people won't be able to get what they need and prices go up?  Maybe it'll be a combination of both, depending on what it is.

Now, what is the excuse this year for the U.S. not being able to grow crops for food? Need to look into that. The U.S. feeds a ton of people outside this country too and has to use shipping containers to transport it to other countries. 

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

So what will happen? Deflation because of no movement and activity? Or inflation because there will be some demand for some items and people won't be able to get what they need and prices go up?  Maybe it'll be a combination of both, depending on what it is.

Now, what is the excuse this year for the U.S. not being able to grow crops for food? Need to look into that. The U.S. feeds a ton of people outside this country too and has to use shipping containers to transport it to other countries. 

I got wifey to start growing some stuff indoors.we are trying canning foods this weekend.we are both new to this so it will be trial and error but i beleive people need to start coming self sufficent!!

Shipping being shutdown is goin to cause a mess!!!everyone relies on stuff from other countries,and it will be a panic if all shipping stops!!!

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

No excuses to not be growing food right now.

For now, those people who get their food from us, are going to start looking like those Ethiopian kids real soon. Someone should tell them to get there ass's in gear and start growing as well.

5 minutes ago, yaknow said:

I got wifey to start growing some stuff indoors.we are trying canning foods this weekend.we are both new to this so it will be trial and error but i beleive people need to start coming self sufficent!!

Shipping being shutdown is goin to cause a mess!!!everyone relies on stuff from other countries,and it will be a panic if all shipping stops!!!

Canning is fun! This is one of the best investments ever and should last a lifetime.

http://www.amazon.com/Presto-01781-23-Quart-Pressure-Canner/dp/B0000BYCFU

Just now, YourMom2 said:

Canning is fun! This is one of the best investments ever and should last a lifetime.

http://www.amazon.com/Presto-01781-23-Quart-Pressure-Canner/dp/B0000BYCFU

Watch - Everyone is going to start getting flagged by the FBI, NSA, and whatever Federal Alphabet soup agency, because everyone starts buying those damn domestic terrorist Pressure Cookers. LOL

Don't forget about getting flagged for buying Home Gardening fertilizer bags and what not.

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to wonder if there is a Conspiracy to NOT GROW FOOD atm.

What do you guys think?  ^^^^^^^^^^

5 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Watch - Everyone is going to start getting flagged by the FBI, NSA, and whatever Federal Alphabet soup agency, because everyone starts buying those damn domestic terrorist Pressure Cookers. LOL

Don't forget about getting flagged for buying Home Gardening fertilizer bags and what not.

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to wonder if there is a Conspiracy to NOT GROW FOOD atm.

There are some posts on here pointing to that, where town councils etc have passed ordinances where you can't have a garden in the front yard. Then there are the homeowner's associations that have to have uniformity and anything resembling food is not allowed in many of them. 

If people are so stupid to let anyone tell them they can't grow food on their own land then they are doomed. 

14 hours ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

You're supposed to be100% dependent on the state and let them do your thinking for you as well. When the supermarket shelves are empty then you are supposed to stand in line for bread or soup. Welfare recipients are already used to standing in line and they will be the first to starve along with the old people dependent upon social security checks. This class of people has always been expendable and are used as competition in the divisive world.

It's true that home growers are terrorized by the state.  Remember the use of fertilizer in the Oklahoma bombing?

Jeff Berwick and others that are heavily into precious metals have been predicting this collapse for the last few years. I like what Dmitry Orlov has to say since he lived through the collapse of the Soviet Union and draws many parallels while writing from his home in Boston.

We are in the time of year when most sensible animals living in northerly climates are hibernating in burrows and hollow tree trunks, while the somewhat less sensible pundits make their predictions for the coming year. My prediction is always the same—things will go on more or less same as before, until something major breaks, while the probability of something major breaking goes up with each passing year. I have called this event “collapse,” and have predicted, year after year, that it will eventually happen. And so, instead of repeating this less than useful prediction, this year I will instead provide a prescription.

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-prescription-for-2016-collapse-early.html

Edited by YourMom2

It's an incredibly fragile system, remember a few years ago when fuel prices were so high and transport trucking nearly collapsed, all the JIT shelf stocking almost ended. Yet people want to look at useless lawn and landscaping rather than grow food. Fill your belly with visions of green lawns, yeah right. Removing self sufficiency is quite profitable for big agri-business. And they don't give a damn if your self reliance is gone and you starve because they aren't making money. Of course they don't! I live in a very rural area, good soil lots of water, most around here are very independent. And we are where millions of city folk will head to if supply lines collapse. Worse comes to worse it won't be any fun at all.

This is pretty scary, yet there's a complete blackout in the media about it.

Not even the Drudge Report has it on their site.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.