Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roadtoad2

2 flying dinosaurs species filmed in Papua New Guinea

7 posts in this topic

Looks like a RC plane to me. I have seen people with very f***ing big ones. I looked about. Couldn't find a video with its wings moving. 

All 3 videos are unavailable to me to watch.  I want to believe these are real, but I highly doubt it.  I'd have to look at the videos to determine what's what though. 

Looks good but most likely fake. They look like well done rc planes tbh!

These creatures are REAL.

My wife and I observed 7 of them flying south over our country home in Oregon.

The sound they made was terrifying.

Super directional clicks and chatters mixed with blood curdling screeching.

They were extremely aggressive towards each other as they flew, clawing and snapping at the wings of the lead creatures.

A spectacular event that changed our perception of the world forever.

The videos are unavailable for me too. 

I believe they do still exist mainly because the Smithsonian says they don't.

Don't Get Strung Along by the "Ropen" Myth

Sadly, some people still get duped by the fantastic claims espoused by "professional monster hunters." Last week on Salem-News.com, reporter Terrence Aym posted an article proclaiming: "Dinosaur Found Alive: Two Species Recorded in Papua New Guinea." (The piece is a shortened version of an article Aym posted to Helium.com.) Citing eyewitness accounts collected by "serious researchers" Jim Blume and David Woetzel, Aym reports that at least two types of pterosaur—flying archosaurs which were not dinosaurs—still soar over Papua New Guinea, and he even provides some video to prove it. 
The trouble is that the video provides a pretty clear look at what is definitely a frigatebird, probably a female great frigatebird ( Fregata minor) based upon the dark feathers and white patch on the chest. That the animal is a bird is obvious during the first few seconds of the home movie—the frigatebird is acting just like this one, filmed off the Galapagos Islands—and the embedded video comment that a crowd of locals have gathered to watch the strange animal is undercut by the actual video. Only one person can be made out standing near a few parked cars, and plenty of people stop to watch birds. There is no indication that whoever was looking at the bird was doing so because they thought it was unusual or something other than a bird. 
-----

Naturally, some might be disappointed that there is no evidence of living pterosaurs, but there is another way to look at the video Aym shared. The frigatebird in the video is a living, flying dinosaur—a modified descendant of small, feathered theropod dinosaurs which lived many millions of years ago. To me, that fact is even more wonderful than the discovery of any long-lost species.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dont-get-strung-along-by-the-ropen-myth-78644354/?no-ist

An article in response to that nonsense: 

Don’t get Carried Away with Large Pterodactyls

Ropens in general mostly eat fish, birds, bats, and carrion, to the best of my knowledge. I believe that modernRhamphorhynchoid pterosaurs (AKA ropens) live in a number of species, probably specializing in a variety of uses of bioluminescence and in what each type of ropen eats. Humans are not a common prey for any species of modern “pterodactyl,” but the apparent exceptions now deserve attention.

The investigative journalist David Paulides wrote Missing 411 – Western United States & Canada, a captivating nonfiction that I am now reading. In fact I am compiling data that seems to strongly suggest that some of the strange missing-person cases have no reasonable explanation except for one: A person can get carried away by a large flying creature.
-----
Eyewitnesses make the case

We declare that many of the eyewitnesses who testify of their encounters with apparent pterosaurs—those ordinary persons appear to have told the truth about extraordinary flying creatures.

http://www.livingpterosaur.com/blog/2014/12/17/dont-get-carried-away-with-large-pterodactyls/

Ropen: Flying Reptiles Alive Today

In Africa, they are called Kongomato (see below – William M. Rebsamen art from Cryptozoology A to Z and a mysterious photograph of one that has surfaced on the internet). In New Guinea, they are named Ropen. Some would have us consider if there are pterosaurs among us still today.
-----
Intermittent expeditions on Umboi Island, Papua New Guinea, from 1994 through 2004, resulted in the compilation of eyewitness testimonies that substantiated a hypothesis that pterosaurs may not be extinct.

Long Beach, Calif.: July 21, 2006 — The investigation of reports of a pterosaur-like creature in Papua New Guinea has produced some promising findings. According to standard models of science, all pterosaurs became extinct by about 65-million years ago. But due to research of Jonathan Whitcomb, a forensic videographer who interviewed native islanders in 2004, the cryptid the natives call ropen of Umboi Island is at least similar to a long-tailed pterosaur.

http://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/ropenx/

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dmU3VfVyv4A/UW_kvXRlLmI/AAAAAAAACtQ/dsbQESM7PnI/s400/tbirdphoto.jpg
http://paleo.cc/ce/pterosaur-hoax1.jpg
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/cryptidz/images/c/c6/Pterodactyl.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131027012030

^ Old pictures.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.