Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Post your favorite home remedies here

10 posts in this topic

What are you doing to take charge of your own health?  I don't think there have been any wiser or more important words spoken than this quote:

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Hippocrates

If you don't feel well, it's hard to enjoy anything. 

My favorite remedy (more like preventative) is long periods of juice fasting. I drink whatever juice I want and as much as I want.  It heals from the inside out and if one thing heals, everything else has to.  Doesn't it?  I'm on day 3 right now and not hungry. I tried this a couple of months ago and couldn't do it. lol  It was holidays and food everywhere. Or I just didn't want to. hahaha I don't know. Just goes to show you have to be in the mood for most things. 

I use as much organic as I can find and if it's not, I peel it. 

My favorite remedy for nausea is Slippery Elm, I like it in extract form, mix it with some milk and honey, or just add to water. It doesn't taste bad at all. Works on heartburn, too, but with heartburn, better find the source and cure it because it's actually burning you and needs to be stopped before it starts. It can be used on wounds, too, works for other stomach issues and supports lungs. I like herbs that are versatile. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

I use as much organic as I can find and if it's not, I peel it. 

Thought for a second there you said 'I pee in it'

:lol_alpha:

My favorite is the balm I make, learned from my other mother's Grandma. In spring when the poplar trees just bud out I collect as many buds as I can and simmer it on the stove with rendered bear fat (when I can get it, if not just veg. shortening) the buds have to be gathered at the exact right time of year, my nose tells me when. The balm (never say balm in the post office if someone asks what you're mailing, believe me) is great for anything to do with your skin will heal cuts, relieve itching, it's even been known to cure eczema. And it smells SO good. Related to the 'Balm of Gilead'.

39 minutes ago, Brio said:

Thought for a second there you said 'I pee in it'

:lol_alpha:

My favorite is the balm I make, learned from my other mother's Grandma. In spring when the poplar trees just bud out I collect as many buds as I can and simmer it on the stove with rendered bear fat (when I can get it, if not just veg. shortening) the buds have to be gathered at the exact right time of year, my nose tells me when. The balm (never say balm in the post office if someone asks what you're mailing, believe me) is great for anything to do with your skin will heal cuts, relieve itching, it's even been known to cure eczema. And it smells SO good. Related to the 'Balm of Gilead'.

rotfl! Nah I don't pee in it! hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I did a double take when I saw "bear fat" and thought, now where in the hell am I going to get that? :qFbfZwK: Glad you can use veggie shortening instead. 

Seriously, though, we all need to know how to take care of ourselves, rather than using chemicals all the time. Thanks for the recipe! 

LOL yeah, made me laugh too. I live next to an Indian Reserve (arguably the nicest one in BC) and they all hunt and if someone gets a bear in the fall when they're fat they share.

Honey for infections, nothing better, even internal. There's a plant called devil's club (opplapanax horribilis?) that's great for kidney disease but omg be careful with it. Saskatoons are an amazing antioxidant. When I was a kid we had no electricity and it gets quite cold here, so to be able to start the vehicles in winter we'd put a roll of toilet paper into a tin tobacco can and soak it with diesel, light it on fire and put it under the belly pan of the truck. A blanket on the hood for insulation, it would burn slow all night and the truck always started even at -40.

Baking soda and/or apple cider vinegar. Good for what ails ya. Baking soda can be mixed with molasses for cell penetration.

1 minute ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Beer doesn't solve your problems but neither does milk.

Booze for 100 Alex!

Whiskey and honey or forget the honey and go "neat."

One should always have booze in their medicinal cabinet!

Alcohol is man's worst enemy, but the bible says to love your enemy.

-Frank Sinatra

It's difficult sometimes because not all herbs / plants or trees grow everywhere. One of the natural things I use for a lot of stuff is the Loquat tree leaves.  I have a big tree on my property.  Over and above the tea the leaves can also be used to releave muscle pain.  I used it and it really did work for me.  The young leaves are bruised and then strapped to the muscle using compression bandage.

Other uses are here: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/health-benefits-of-loquat-leaf/

A friend who is 95 and works every day had high cholesterol. She takes blackstrap molasses and wheat germ now. Her numbers dropped from 275 to 163. I added those items to my shopping list. I already take Bragg's ACV and honey.

And 20 Mule Team Borax! My arthritic arm is soooooo much better now. I could hardly raise my shoulder years ago. Now, I can do anything with it! And when I hurt my back, I'm over the pain in a few days. It reverses osteoporosis too. Safer than table salt, is in multivitamins but in small doses. You can also buy boron tablets if you don't want to eat the laundry additive from the box. It's on Educate Yourself, the Arthritis Cure. A soil scientist discovered it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.