Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

whats your reaction to this article

3 posts in this topic

Stop clicking on wacky conspiracy theory posts

A new study analyses how conspiracy theories and other "misinformation" content are shared online. A new study has been released by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) analysing how prevalent the sharing of misinformaton (otherwise known as bullshit) is spread online using social media. The authors of the study, led by Michela Del Vicario of the IMT Institute in Lucca, Italy, looked at the speed and spread of Facebook posts and whether clusters of users formed around particular sets of posts

http://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/social-media/2016/01/stop-clicking-wacky-conspiracy-theory-posts

I think that when i write an article telling you to complete dismis an entire information resource branch, I could do better than that crap. I got to the mid of the second paragraph before I simply shook my head, and closed the link.

All he's doing is demonizing. Spouting out the same bs those that disapprove of critical thought culture, and those in such culture that don't like what others say, and so label them x y or z, to avoid having to deal with any valid points those crazy tin foil hat wearing nuts are saying.

I chose to be redundent in that last line, to flatter the author of the original artical.

You know what they say about flattery and all e.e

Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences

PNAS was established by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) in 1914, with its first issue published in 1915. The NAS itself had been founded in 1863 as a private institution, but chartered by the United States Congress, with the goal to "investigate, examine, experiment, and report upon any subject of science or art". By 1914 the Academy had been well established.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proceedings_of_the_National_Academy_of_Sciences_of_the_United_States_of_America

So, a government chartered institution with online subscribers puts out a peer reviewed study claiming that misinformation is shared online. Priceless!

Gotta love the irony.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.