Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Texas Calls For Constitutional Convention!

20 posts in this topic

Gregg Abbott, Governor of the Great State of Texas just announced that Texas is calling for a Constitutional Convention.

Governor Greg Abbott today delivered the keynote address at the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s Annual Policy Orientation where he unveiled his Texas Plan to restore the Rule of Law and return the Constitution to its intended purpose. In his plan, Governor Abbott offers nine constitutional amendments to rein in the federal government and restore the balance of power between the States and the United States. The Governor proposes achieving the constitutional amendments through a Convention Of States.

“The increasingly frequent departures from Constitutional principles are destroying the Rule of Law foundation on which this country was built,” said Governor Abbott. “We are succumbing to the caprice of man that our Founders fought to escape. The cure to these problems will not come from Washington D.C. Instead, the states must lead the way. To do that I am adding another item to the agenda next session. I want legislation authorizing Texas to join other states in calling for a Convention of States to fix the cracks in our Constitution.”

Governor Abbott went on to explain that dysfunction in Washington, D.C. stems largely from the federal government’s refusal to follow the Constitution. Congress routinely violates its enumerated powers, while taxing and spending its way from one financial crisis to another. The President exceeds his executive powers to impose heavy-handed regulations. And the Supreme Court imposes its policy views under the guise of judicial interpretation. Governor Abbott urged action by Texas – and other states – to restore the Rule of Law in America.

Governor Abbott offered the following constitutional amendments:

1. Prohibit Congress from regulating activity that occurs wholly within one State.
  2. Require Congress to balance its budget.
  3. Prohibit administrative agencies—and the unelected bureaucrats that staff them—from creating federal law.
  4. Prohibit administrative agencies—and the unelected bureaucrats that staff them—from preempting state law.
  5. Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a U.S. Supreme Court decision.
  6. Require a seven-justice super-majority vote for U.S. Supreme Court decisions that invalidate a democratically enacted law.
  7. Restore the balance of power between the federal and state governments by limiting the former to the powers expressly delegated to it in the Constitution.
  8. Give state officials the power to sue in federal court when federal officials overstep their bounds.
  9. Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a federal law or regulation.

To view Governor Abbott's full plan, click here.

http://gov.texas.gov/news/press-release/21829

More reasons to move to Texas! You all better watch out, every conservative in the nation will be on your doorstep with a governor like Abbot!  

Go Texas! 

1 person likes this

A Constitutional Convention can add more worms to the problem under current dictatorship type operation of government.  It would just be an opportunity for the liberals to have everything the way they want it encoded into the Constitutional Convention.  But then a Constitutional Convention would have to require all 50 states and 6 other terroritories. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

More reasons to move to Texas! You all better watch out, every conservative in the nation will be on your doorstep with a governor like Abbot!  

Go Texas! 

We welcome conservatives in Texas! Come on down.

I just got done watching Gov Abbott's speech live where he announced, "The Texas Plan."  It was very inspiring. I'll upload it when it becomes available. Everyone needs to listen to what Greg had to say regarding the corrupt Federal Government.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, CGK said:

We welcome conservatives in Texas! Come on down.

I just got done watching Gov Abbott's speech live where he announced, "The Texas Plan."  It was very inspiring. I'll upload it when it becomes available. Everyone needs to listen to what Greg had to say regarding the corrupt Federal Government.

It might already be finding its' way to youtube...bring it on

Damn they are quick in the upload of this speech.

Streamed live 1 hour ago

At Texas Public Policy gathering, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has called for a Convention of States to pass nine amendments to the U.S. Constitution. It's part of Abbott's Texas Plan to "restore the Rule of Law and return the Constitution to its intended purpose."

1 hour ago, counterintelligence said:

A Constitutional Convention can add more worms to the problem under current dictatorship type operation of government.  It would just be an opportunity for the liberals to have everything the way they want it encoded into the Constitutional Convention.  But then a Constitutional Convention would have to require all 50 states and 6 other terroritories. 

I agree! I see it as a way for the government to FIX those pesky 1st and 2nd amendments the way that would benefit the government. I think this plan would have a shot if the government as a whole weren't so corrupt. I do really like governor Abbot the more he stands tall but it's the other states governors that worry me.

4 hours ago, counterintelligence said:

What about the one that states that Congress will abide by the same laws they expect us to follow?

That's what I'm wondering. Congress has gone out of their way to exclude themselves from a lot of things... Like Obosocare. 

Posted (edited)

Them's fighting words. Buckle up! The fed will not go quietly into the night.

Governor Abbott, you make us proud.

:cmicsfee:

Edit: Heavy haters on the yahoo article. Gotta be shills because people can't possibly be that ignorant, right? Ok, they can but most of the comments are one liner hits that are derogatory to the governor.

Edited by YourMom2

The South will rise again!

Maybe this time it will work. Louisiana will throw in with its brothers and sisters to the west. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.