Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

House Passes Obamacare Repeal Bill - Obama Will Veto

14 posts in this topic

I guess passing the bill is nothing more than symbolic because King Putt is going to veto it. The king could care less what Congress or the people want.  He has a pen and a phone. Lets hope he runs out of ink soon and they defund his cell phone service.

The House on Wednesday passed legislation that would repeal much of ObamaCare and defund Planned Parenthood for one year, sending the measure to President Obama’s desk. 

The bill passed by a vote of 240 to 181. Rep. Collin Peterson (Minn.), who opposes abortion, was the only Democrat to vote for the measure. Reps. Bob Dold (Ill.), Richard Hanna (N.Y.) and John Katko (R-N.Y.), who all hail from swing districts, were the only Republicans to vote against it.

Obama is certain to veto the measure, but Republicans touted the vote as important step toward reversing the Affordable Care Act and the expansion of government it created. 

“We are confronting the president with the hard, honest truth: ObamaCare doesn’t work,” Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Wednesday. 

Republicans were able to get the repeal bill through the Senate, where Democrats had filibustered previous efforts, by using a fast-track process known as reconciliation that allows the bill to pass with a simple majority. 

More: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/264980-house-passes-obamacare-repeal-sending-measure-to-obamas-desk

Healthcare will never be affordable as long as it's controlled by corporations....big pharma, insurance companies and doctors that care nothing about healing.

The cost of care is disproportionate to income and not just the working poor. I remember when a doctor's visit was paid out of pocket and didn't break your wallet....affordable like filling up your car with gas.

That's the huge problem with D.C. And why everyone loves Trump. No one in D.C. is listening to the people of the U.S. Very few in congress or the senate are listening and the ones that are are being silenced. Obama doesn't care about Americans no mater what color they are. He's just there to push an agenda and usher in the NWO on a red carpet. If the people really want to give him the screw job they need to drop their Oboso care insurance and move over to the religious options where everyone puts in, I don't remember the name of that at the moment tho. But it would take every last American to do that and I really don't see that happening. What I saw while working at GDIT for the obosocare call center was a crap ton of people getting ripped off and not a single person ever told me they were saving money. Hell the one couple that always sticks out in my mind was an elderly couple in their 70's with their pensions they made litterally $15 over the family limit for the subsidies and did not qualify for Medicare. With their monthly income being roughly 1,500 between the two people maybe a little more. The absolute cheapest insurance I could find them cost over 1600 a month, it was more than what they made! I was so upset for these people and there was nothing I could do to help them and couldn't explaine why it cost that much other than age. 

Most all a huge FU to Americans written by insurance companies for insurance companies. 

2 people like this

Published on Nov 10, 2014

When the the issue of the legality of certain subsidies first began to make its way through the lower courts, a chief architect of President Obama’s health care law jumped into the fray. His name is Jonathan Gruber, an MIT economist who helped Democrats write the law in 2009.
As Politico notes about Gruber and the critical subsidies argument: Gruber then became part of the story…when a video surfaced in which he espouses the very interpretation of the law he now publicly derides as “screwy,” “nutty” and “stupid.” In 2012, Gruber told an audience: “If you’re a state and you don’t set up an exchange, that means your citizens don’t get their tax credits.”

Now, Jonathan Gruber is again front and center on the stage of ObamaCare controversy. As The Daily Signal reports, Gruber has readily and rather proudly admitted that President Obama and his allies who fought so hard to get the law passed were successful only because the American public was deceived.

Keeping in mind that Gruber has repeatedly been described as a key designer and defender of ObamaCare, the video on which he matter-of-factly concedes that a lack of transparency for the law was key to its passage becomes all the more shocking. In a newly surfaced video, one of Obamacare’s architects admits a “lack of transparency” helped the Obama administration and congressional Democrats pass the Affordable Care Act. The conservative group American Commitment posted Jonathan Gruber’s remarks, reportedly from an Oct. 17, 2013, event, on YouTube. “Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,” says the MIT economist who helped write Obamacare. “And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass.”

:smfjsraq:

July 23, 2009: "Reform will keep the government out of your health care decisions, giving you the option to keep your coverage if you're happy with it."

1 person likes this

Just a few of the biggest lies told to us over the past few years. 

You notice that 0bamacare violated the initiation clause which makes it void.

But then Obama's supporters are exempt from it.

Then Obama states that the already illegal law is not the law of the land.

And attempts to repeal a law that shouldn't even exist on the books, will be vetoed by the person responsible for its' mismanagement. 

I see said the blind man to the deaf woman over the disvestiture interlata disconnected FCC regulated AT&T hells bells telephone line. 

And King Putt pulled out his pen.....................................

Obama vetoes health bill repeal

President Obama on Friday vetoed legislation that would repeal much of ObamaCare, the first such measure to reach his desk since it became law in 2010.

Obama used his veto pen without fanfare on a legislative package rolling back his signature healthcare law and stripping federal funding from Planned Parenthood.

In a lengthy message to Congress, Obama said repealing the law would reverse improvements made in the nation’s healthcare system.

“Because of the harm this bill would cause to the health and financial security of millions of Americans, it has earned my veto,” the president wrote. 

Obama noted that congressional Republicans have attempted to roll back the law more than 50 times, to no avail.

“Rather than refighting old political battles by once again voting to repeal basic protections that provide security for the middle class, members of Congress should be working together to grow the economy, strengthen middle-class families, and create new jobs,” he wrote.

The veto was the eighth of Obama’s presidency and the sixth since last year, when Republicans took over both chambers of Congress. 

The law says we all have to have insurance to pay for AMA-regulated health care. That means Big Pharma. 

In effect, they make us pay for our poison.

Which most of us coppers avoid like the plague. But we still have to pay for everyone else's poison. 

And why do the Republicans bother to waste time on bills that they know the idiot in chief will veto? They are neutered by his veto powers unless they can override that veto. Are there enough of them to do it and will they do it? 

2 hours ago, grav said:

The law says we all have to have insurance to pay for AMA-regulated health care. That means Big Pharma. 

In effect, they make us pay for our poison.

Which most of us coppers avoid like the plague. But we still have to pay for everyone else's poison. 

I only go when bleeding profusely or have a broken bone. I'm of the opinion that they MIGHT not kill me while repairing those types of injuries. Where you get in trouble with them is when they diagnose you with something that they can keep you coming back for the rest of your miserable life, because once you start taking all those meds, you're pretty much guaranteed lots and lots of misery. I don't remember them actually curing anyone, unless it's a mechanical type thing, like gall bladder or appendix surgery. Trauma doctors are awesome, but the rest of them, not so much! It's really not their fault when they only get a couple of hours of education in nutrition, especially when type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure can usually be cured with diet change, exercise and weight loss. This in turn cures or prevents lots of other diseases. Face palm! 

I'm tired of their bullshit. I've cured so many things with simple home remedies, if I'd have gone to see a doctor, I'd have been biopsied, in surgery and scarred for life in some of those cases where I cured myself.  

Two people I know had doctors mess up their operations. That's in the last few weeks. Before that, several more have --  over the years -- had gauze left inside them or overlooked broken bones, wrong diagnosis, wrong medicine, etc. 

A friend of mine, who is 95 and works every day, told me she takes wheat germ and blackstrap molasses. ACV too. Her cholesterol went from 278 to 160. I'm supposed to take Lipitor. No RX for this little gray rabbit, doc. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.