Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Here We Go Again: China Halts Trading For The Entire Day After Another 7% Crash/Oil below 35 bbl and Baltic Dry Index lowest on record

10 posts in this topic

The economy is doing GRRRRRRRRREAT! Just ask Obama, he'll tell you! 

I like ZH for their lovely sarcasm.....everything is awesome!

Ok to summarize - China has lost control of its currency (whether intentionally or not) and that is forcing carry unwinds en masse; North Korea tests a nuke; European inflation disappoints; US services economy collapses (follows manufacturing's lead and another pillar of hope is destroyed); Crude crashes to fresh decade plus lows; The Fed offers nothing in the way of hope for growth (or puts); Bernanke says not to expect Fed to save stocks; World Bank cuts global growth outlook... But apart from that, everything is awesome!!!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-06/stocks-plunge-3-month-lows-amid-crude-carnage-chinese-currency-collapse?page=2

2 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

Dow is off to a very disturbing start... again.

Down 1000 points in 5 days.

In a mild and pleasant way I've been suggesting to my workers (twice since August) that have all their retirement funds in stocks, that now might be a good time to get out of the market and into Ag and Au, even if it's just the ETF although physical would be better. They won't.

2 hours ago, Brio said:

In a mild and pleasant way I've been suggesting to my workers (twice since August) that have all their retirement funds in stocks, that now might be a good time to get out of the market and into Ag and Au, even if it's just the ETF although physical would be better. They won't.

When the municipal bond markets start to go, that's my signal that a full on collapse is nigh. 

I think it was said that the rates of change in China are a little deceiving because their economic growth rate is different.  They used some of those empty buildings in China to shoot the Bond movie Skyfall, and now too many buildings and nobody in them.  Their economy is stronger in one area, but that doesn't mean that their economy isn't crashing at 7%

Posted (edited)

Well.  The week ended horribly.  

I've been thinking... what would be better for tptb?

A slow methodical wasting away of the economy or a one or two day crashing of the economy?

Edited by Walk Softly

4 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

Well.  The week ended horribly.  

I've been thinking... what would be better for tptb?

A slow methodical wasting away of the economy or a one or two day crashing of the economy?

It usually happens in waves.....controlled by them. That's how the market crash of '29 and subsequent depression went down. The rich got richer by buying up land at auction. This time around, banks will foreclose and keep the inventory for themselves since they are as rich as any potential buyer would be.

Once shareholders are bankrupt (including the working class with pension funds tied to the market) then it's easy to pick off the rest of their property. Then banks start closing, picking off cash in savings accounts. Limits on withdrawals. The Greeks learned the hard way. The hardest hit will be the homeless as competition for food and shelter increases as the newly unemployed set up tents.

Macy's to lay off up to 4,800 and they blamed the warm weather for slow sales. Really?? How incredibly lame.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-06/macys-massacre-retailer-slashes-guidance-again-fires-thousands-blames-warm-weather?page=2

Another 1,000 at Yahoo and even Monsanto is splicing off 1,000 of it's demon force. Daily Job Cuts tells the true story but like ZeroHedge says, "everything is awesome!"

http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/

Shadowstats unemployment figures are still hovering around 22%.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.