Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

State of emergency declared over huge Los Angeles County methane leak/L.A.County Supervisor calling it a mini Chernobyl

37 posts in this topic

California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency over a large Southern California gas leak in Los Angeles County, which has led to months of protests and the displacement of thousands of families.

Governor Brown made the declaration on Wednesday, which will make more resources available for dealing with the leak at Porter Ranch, which is within LA County.

In the press release announcing the state of emergency, Brown’s office said the order has come due to the “prolonged and continuing duration of the Aliso Canyon gas leak.”

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/usa/328125-los-angeles-emergency-gas-leak/

Gee, it took him long enough since it was first discovered in October.

The massive underground leak at a storage facility north of Los Angeles was reported by the Southern California Gas Co. on Oct. 23, and since then has emitted more than 72,000 metric tons of methane, according to the Environmental Defense Fund, which released an aerial video in conjunction with the nonprofit Earthworks that used an infrared camera to make the gas visible.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/29/massive-methane-leak-displaces-thousands-in-southern-california.html

5 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

I believe the source is Pelosi'so mouth.

Michael Moore post Taco Bell feasts.

1 person likes this

They're too busy raising taxes and destroying the 2nd amendment to do anything else, the bastards! 

I'm going to go full woo woo retard here and point out that I5 and San Andreas fault intersect near Aliso Canyon.

On the other hand... increased methane means more heat is trapped inside the atmosphere. Are the carbon tax investors (Al Gore, yeah I'm lookin at you) finding ways to finally not have to falsify data?

1 hour ago, Brio said:

I'm going to go full woo woo retard here and point out that I5 and San Andreas fault intersect near Aliso Canyon.

I've felt 2 quakes in the past several days, one early this morning and it was a decent shaker, it lasted several seconds. The one the other day felt like a jolt, but others described it as a longer shaking than what I felt. I'm far from these places, at least 100 miles away, so, I don't know why they are jolting and shaking so much here. Normally you don't even notice it, but the one this morning woke me up. They were only 4 plus. hmmm. Also, I wonder if all the rain isn't causing something to happen since we've had practically none in the past 4 years. 

The Solomon Islands 8.0 mag was preceded and followed by a series of 5+- quakes. I am certainly no seismologist just a heads up.

Just now, Brio said:

The Solomon Islands 8.0 mag was preceded and followed by a series of 5+- quakes. I am certainly no seismologist just a heads up.

Always watching here! But, it happens so fast there's not much you can do. I just stop and wait a second, if it goes on too long, I go outside where nothing can fall on me, like the house. lol

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.