Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Real ID Act Takes Effect Jan. 10

4 posts in this topic

If you live in one of the non-compliant states, you might have a problem if you plan to fly anywhere after January 10th using your drivers license as a valid ID.

Illinois, Missouri air travelers may have photo identification problems

Illinois and Missouri travelers will soon need more than their state-issued driver's licenses to board a plane at Barkley Regional Airport - or any other U.S. airport due to their state's non-compliance with new federal guidelines.

According to Barkley Airport officials, as of Jan. 10 driver's licenses from those two states will no longer be considered a valid form of photo identification at U.S. airports as new guidelines of the REAL ID Act take effect.

More: http://www.paducahsun.com/news/local/010516_PS_airport

Missouri residents soon will not be able to use their state driver's licenses as identification to get into most federal facilities, making it one of at least five states to lose a federal exemption from complying with national proof-of-identity requirements.

A letter from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to Missouri, obtained Wednesday by the Associated Press, informs the state that its exemption from federal Real ID requirements, which set minimum security standards for licenses, will come to an end Jan. 10.

That means Missouri driver's licenses cannot be accepted as ID at military bases and most other federal facilities. It also could eventually mean that Missouri driver's licenses won't be accepted as identification for commercial airline flights.

Illinois is in the same boat, according to its secretary of state's office spokesman, David Druker. He said state officials learned late Tuesday that Homeland Security had denied an extension for compliance with federal requirements.

<snip>

The Homeland Security Department previously declared Minnesota to be non compliant, and it sent letters in October to New Mexico and Washington indicating that their exemptions also would end Jan. 10.

More: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-real-id-20160103-story.html

I won't have a new id for another 6 years, nobody will stop me from traveling.

The date is when the program needs to be in effect and the new licenses will roll out as people renew over the years.

Posted (edited)

Here's a map....hover over your state to check compliance. Some states have extensions until October 2016.

Maybe they are waiting for Obama to leave office and getting some of the BS laws repealed with a new prez. Good luck with that!

http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief

Edited by YourMom2

I had to get an ID when I returned from the Great Worthless North, and was offered this new upgraded ID, glad I did. Will be finally getting an actual drivers' license soon, as years have passed since any seizures. B-)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.