Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Does Melatonin Really Help You Sleep?

8 posts in this topic

About 34 million Americans reach for the sleep remedy melatonin each year, spending a reported $378 million in 2014—lured by its reputation as an effective and natural sleep aid. But melatonin may not be as simple and safe a cure as many people hope.

Melatonin is in fact a hormone secreted by the brain’s pineal gland. It sets the body’s circadian rhythm, the 24-hour “clock” that helps control when you fall asleep and wake up. Traces can be found in barley, olives, rice, tomatoes, and walnuts, which is why the Food and Drug Administration allows a synthetic version to be sold over the counter. (In the U.K. you can get melatonin only through a doctor.)

http://news.yahoo.com/does-melatonin-really-help-sleep-110014460.html

for me, its not 100% effective..the reaction differs from person to person i would think

3 minutes ago, Storm cat said:

About 34 million Americans reach for the sleep remedy melatonin each year, spending a reported $378 million in 2014—lured by its reputation as an effective and natural sleep aid. But melatonin may not be as simple and safe a cure as many people hope.

Melatonin is in fact a hormone secreted by the brain’s pineal gland. It sets the body’s circadian rhythm, the 24-hour “clock” that helps control when you fall asleep and wake up. Traces can be found in barley, olives, rice, tomatoes, and walnuts, which is why the Food and Drug Administration allows a synthetic version to be sold over the counter. (In the U.K. you can get melatonin only through a doctor.)

http://news.yahoo.com/does-melatonin-really-help-sleep-110014460.html

for me, its not 100% effective..the reaction differs from person to person i would think

Works great for me. Although i only use it when i've been working 36 hours plus without sleep etc. Because at that point i have an issue winding down.

wait.... only through a doctor...... Im going to keep my mouth shut now! @Cinnamon

Melatonin works good for me, some brands are way better than others, though, even in the same mg dosage.  The cheap ones at Wal-Mart called Sunmaid or something like that are the ones that work best for me. I've tried at least 7 different kinds, all worked to some degree. I'm an insomniac and workaholic, so I have trouble winding down too! Not afraid to take them when I need them. 

1 person likes this

iam a true insomniac as well. just last night, i didnt sleep until 3am. and woke up after 9am today. i will probaley be tired by noon time

5 hours ago, NatureAll said:

Nyquil. 

Lol

Vodka! lol 

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.