Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

It's Raining In California!

23 posts in this topic

California cant catch a break. They go from drought to deluge.

El Nino storms lined up in the Pacific, promising to drench parts of the West for more than two weeks and increasing fears of mudslides and flash floods in regions stripped bare by wildfires.

Stronger systems are predicted starting Tuesday following light rain a day earlier. At least two more storms are expected to follow on Wednesday and Thursday, possibly bringing as much as 3 inches of rain.

The National Weather Service issued a flash-flood watch for Northern California communities affected by several destructive wildfires last summer and fall.

The brewing El Nino system — a warming pattern in the Pacific Ocean that alters weather worldwide — is expected to impact California and the rest of the nation in the coming weeks and months.

In recent weeks, a weather pattern partly linked with El Nino has turned winter upside-down across the nation, bringing spring-like warmth to the Northeast, a risk of tornadoes in the South, and so much snow across the West that even ski slopes have been overwhelmed.

As much as 15 inches of rain could fall in the next 16 days in Northern California, with about 2 feet of snow expected in the highest points of the Sierra Nevada, said Johnny Powell, a forecaster with the National Weather Service.

To the south, persistent wet conditions could put some Los Angeles County communities at risk of flash flooding along with mud and debris flows, especially in wildfire burn areas.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/el-nino-storms-slam-drought-parched-california-36093535

yes it is raining now. quite a soaker this storm. looks like more today, tomorrow. good. but will it be enough to ease the drought. im guessing by my pessimistic self it wont be enough. but we shall see

Good thing I was in my 4x4 because the roads are flooded where I am. Had to wait in the truck for awhile because it was raining that hard.

4 hours ago, Storm cat said:

yes it is raining now. quite a soaker this storm. looks like more today, tomorrow. good. but will it be enough to ease the drought. im guessing by my pessimistic self it wont be enough. but we shall see

At least we don't have to worry about being burned alive for awhile! lol

11 minutes ago, McWest said:

Can't all of this rain cause mudslides?

Yes, it can and it does, that's the bad part. But I'm in a stable area, so I don't have to worry about that. 

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Yes, it can and it does, that's the bad part. But I'm in a stable area, so I don't have to worry about that. 

That's good Ms. Amon.  Whenever I hear about rain in California, I immediately start to think: "Mudslides!"  Either that or that song by Tony Toni Tone: "It Never Rains In Southern California!"  

On Wednesday, the Los Angeles area will see rain by 11 a.m. The storm system will be the second of three storms expected in Southern California this week.

Between 2 and 3.5 inches of rain is predicted to fall across the coastal and valley areas of Southern California through Saturday, with up to 5 inches falling in the mountains.

A flash-flood watch is in effect in Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside and Orange counties until Thursday at 4 a.m. A winter storm warning has been issued for the Los Angeles County and Ventura County mountains until Thursday at 4 a.m.

http://abc7.com/weather/forecast-next-el-nino-storm-to-arrive-in-southland-wednesday/58983/

May be this will be the start to the end of the drought..

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, JustATrucker said:

May be this will be the start to the end of the drought..

Hope so! There's been so much static electricity in the dry air that when I touch a doorknob I get shocked and can actually see sprarks fly if the room is dark. It hurts too!  Shep told me that I am probably going be one of those people who catch fire for no reason (spontaneous human combustion) but now that it's raining should be ok.  :onfire::IBPlzqK: :b0vpxS8:

13 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Hope so! There's been so much static electricity in the dry air that when I touch a doorknob I get shocked and can actually see sprarks fly if the room is dark. It hurts too!  Shep told me that I am probably going be one of those people who catch fire for no reason (spontaneous human combustion) but now that it's raining should be ok.  :onfire::IBPlzqK: :b0vpxS8:

Look at it this way.. If you ever need to jump start your car. With all the static electricity running in you, all you have to do it touch the battery terminals, and presto, you car will start.. No more waiting around for someone to jump it for you LOL..

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.