Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

China Stock Market - Trading Halted

6 posts in this topic

This is a big red flag folks... Lets not forget, China put a 6 month stock sale ban for corporate executives and major share holders in place back in July. That ban expires in 4 days.  I suspect they will continue the ban considering the 7% drop today.

We need to keep an eye on this because what happens in China will not stay in China. We live in a global economy. When you get a big financial quake in one part of the world, there could be tsunami on its way. 

The worst-ever start to a year for Chinese shares triggered a trading halt in more than $7 trillion of equities, futures and options, putting the nation’s new market circuit breakers to the test on their first day.

Trading was halted at about 1:34 p.m. local time on Monday after the CSI 300 Index dropped 7 percent. An earlier 15-minute suspension at the 5 percent level failed to stop the retreat, with shares extending losses as soon as the market re-opened. Traders said the halts took effect as anticipated without any major technical problems.

More: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-04/chinese-stocks-in-hong-kong-extend-annual-slump-as-yuan-declines

Good news for gold...

Investors are ploughing into gold, and the price is now up 1.10% at $1,071.80 an ounce, as of 9:10 a.m. GMT (4:10 a.m. ET).

This is a sure-fire sign of how terrified investors are about the state of China's stock markets and the country's growth prospects.

Gold is seen as a haven for cash. It doesn't pay a coupon like a bond, and it doesn't pay a dividend from a stock, but it does mean you own ounces in a physical precious metal that you can hold onto.

A spike in the gold market usually means investors are worried about the state of more volatile asset classes like stocks or bonds.

More:http://www.businessinsider.com/china-stock-market-turmoil-leads-to-gold-rush-2016-1?r=UK&IR=T

1 hour ago, CGK said:

Good news for gold...

Investors are ploughing into gold, and the price is now up 1.10% at $1,071.80 an ounce, as of 9:10 a.m. GMT (4:10 a.m. ET).

This is a sure-fire sign of how terrified investors are about the state of China's stock markets and the country's growth prospects.

Gold is seen as a haven for cash. It doesn't pay a coupon like a bond, and it doesn't pay a dividend from a stock, but it does mean you own ounces in a physical precious metal that you can hold onto.

A spike in the gold market usually means investors are worried about the state of more volatile asset classes like stocks or bonds.

More:http://www.businessinsider.com/china-stock-market-turmoil-leads-to-gold-rush-2016-1?r=UK&IR=T

Rather predictable isn't it? Hard assets trump paper...you know it, I know it and the elite know it since they invented the paper game.

4 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Rather predictable isn't it? Hard assets trump paper...you know it, I know it and the elite know it since they invented the paper game.

Yep, Gold is up over 14 dollars an ounce today. Funny how that works..LOL

Man I'm glad to have never had enough money to "invest" in that crazy world! Sure, my life can be completely ruined by big enough changes BY those that are part of it, but at least they can't snap me instantly! 8-)

Also VERY glad my little set of camera gear tubes is already in the states, came Through Shanghai, but wasn't snatched up ;-)

26 minutes ago, BlueHawK said:

Man I'm glad to have never had enough money to "invest" in that crazy world! Sure, my life can be completely ruined by big enough changes BY those that are part of it, but at least they can't snap me instantly! 8-)

Also VERY glad my little set of camera gear tubes is already in the states, came Through Shanghai, but wasn't snatched up ;-)

Remember it's not just the market but bankers are empowered to evoke holidays. I use my bank as a clearing house, not a storehouse.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.