Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brio

Bank customers warned over new 'number spoofing' con

4 posts in this topic

Bank customers have been warned about a new text and phone scam in which fraudsters impersonate the numbers of companies to steal money from their accountsThe con – known as number spoofing – has fuelled a 95 per cent rise in telephone banking thefts in the last year alone.In some cases, victims have been swindled out of tens of thousands of pounds.

Fraud investigators told MailOnline that the scam has become a 'real issue' and are holding urgent talks with Ofcom and telecoms operators to work out how to tackle the problem. 

My bank made it clear to me they will never ask for a pin or p/w. But it's a good 'heads up'.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention Brio.

I sure miss the old "inconvenient" days when  people wrote checks and physically walked into a bank to do their banking. The bank guard gave lollipops to children, the tellers knew your name, and the bank president could bend rules depending on the situation.

Thanks to the"conveniences" we have today, folks can get scammed via text message. And, good luck trying to find a human to help you after you have been scammed. All you will conveniently get is, Press or say, 1 for account balance,  2 for recent transactions, 3 to make a payment,  4 to change your contact information, 5 to report a problem, or stay on the line to speak to an agent...............Your wait time is approximately ........3 hours!

I still inconvenience myself by going into the bank to do my banking. I figure if I refuse to buy into the electronic madness, I'm helping a teller keep their job. (at least for a while)

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, CGK said:

I still inconvenience myself by going into the bank to do my banking. I figure if I refuse to buy into the electronic madness, I'm helping a teller keep their job. (at least for a while)

Amen sister, I do too.

They should listen to my radio show bit. This is bullshit. You can stop all this in about 30 sec. The real answer is they don't want to 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.