Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

The new commemorative 2016 uk coins are out! and they all represent war and death!

20 posts in this topic

The first coin with a skull and yes its freaky!

http://i4.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article10672416.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS79508907JPG.jpg

The second coin commemorates the Battle of Hastings!

http://i4.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article10672383.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS79508818JPG.jpg

The third coin shows A First World War!

http://i2.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article10672417.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS79508922JPG.jpg

Full collection of the coins! Cannot find individual images for the rest but you can see them!

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/4595712.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

^^ So we have 6 coins depicting war, death, fire, destruction and 1 coin depicting a rabbit! well down the rabbit hole we go.

What impression do i get from this, War War War! Every single coin represents the face of war or death! 2016 really must be the year the world goes to f***!

Might as well have fun then!

:37Vju9V:

1 person likes this

Odd to throw 1066 in there, wasn't that the year the Normans conquered GB?

1 minute ago, Flat said:

Those are creepy.

you're telling me! :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Brio said:

Yes I know, what I find odd is UK commemorating a defeat.

I don't see that as strange for some reason. maybe it is. i just dont feel it? hmm maybe im compromised being a brit and all.

Too bad pound sterling is fiat currency like the USA. They look to past wars when they could have commemorated The Doctor? Cybermen? The Daleks? Too much stiff upper lip? :biggrin:

Money is weighed, fictions are counted.

Things are getting stranger in the bizarro land of the elite  these days.  What's with the guy and the spear, anyway? And the 3 silhouettes on that other coin? Probably nothing nefarious there, just something I don't know about... at any rate, those are some ugly coins and I've always thought that money, especially small denominations were talismans for the elite that we carry with us every single day. Are these coins limited editions and not to be circulated widely or not? 

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Things are getting stranger in the bizarro land of the elite  these days.  What's with the guy and the spear, anyway? And the 3 silhouettes on that other coin? Probably nothing nefarious there, just something I don't know about... at any rate, those are some ugly coins and I've always thought that money, especially small denominations were talismans for the elite that we carry with us every single day. Are these coins limited editions and not to be circulated widely or not? 

not to be circulated i believe. Just limited edition.

I'd order the set if they were Ag but doesn't look like they are.

2 minutes ago, Brio said:

I'd order the set if they were Ag but doesn't look like they are.

I was thinking the same thing, Brio. lol They're stripped of any real value I'm sure. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.