Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lilly

Why We Don't Make Demands

31 posts in this topic

From Occupy to Ferguson, whenever a new grassroots movement arises, pundits charge that it lacks clear demands. Why won’t protesters summarize their goals as a coherent program? Why aren’t there representatives who can negotiate with the authorities to advance a concrete agenda through institutional channels? Why can’t these movements express themselves in familiar language, with proper etiquette?

Compare last year’s People’s Climate March, which united 400,000 people behind a simple message while doing so little to protest that it was unnecessary for the authorities to make even a single arrest, with the Baltimore uprising of April 2015. Many praised the Climate March while deriding the rioting in Baltimore as irrational, unconscionable, and ineffective; yet the Climate March had little concrete impact, while the Baltimore riots compelled the chief prosecutor to bringalmost unprecedented charges against police officers. You can bet if 400,000 people responded to climate change the way a couple thousand responded to the murder of Freddie Gray, the politicians would change their priorities.

Making demands puts you in a weaker bargaining position.

Even if your intention is simply to negotiate, you put yourself in a weaker bargaining position by spelling out from the beginning the least it would take to appease you. No shrewd negotiator begins by making concessions. It’s smarter to appear implacable: So you want to come to terms? Make us an offer. In the meantime, we’ll be here blocking the freeway and setting things on fire.

http://www.crimethinc.com/texts/r/demands/

blocking the freeways makes the ordinary sheople feel threatened and inconvenienced, and more likely to agree that using lethal force to subdue you is the appropriate action to take, to restore the "peace" or at least some semblance of normality to the situation.

even bringing up that you disagree with certain policies, or being a whistleblower can have harmful or even fatal consequences.  Multiculturalism makes it easier to subdue any particular movement, as it can be said to be against a certain group, "racist" or otherwise incite hatred between groups of people rather than recognizing a legal, logical or moral fallacy being perpetrated, the government has gotten way too big to challenge in any meaningful way in this un-united, multicultural society, filled with people brainwashed since birth into believing whatever it was decided they should believe by TPTB.

blocking the freeways makes the ordinary sheople feel threatened and inconvenienced, and more likely to agree that using lethal force to subdue you is the appropriate action to take, to restore the "peace" or at least some semblance of normality to the situation.

​Did you read the entire piece or just the pieces I picked out? Not having a pop at you just curious.

The situation we're in is beyond fucked up and being nice and polite just doesn't work.

I don't claim to know what the solution is. 

even bringing up that you disagree with certain policies, or being a whistleblower can have harmful or even fatal consequences.  Multiculturalism makes it easier to subdue any particular movement, as it can be said to be against a certain group, "racist" or otherwise incite hatred between groups of people rather than recognizing a legal, logical or moral fallacy being perpetrated, the government has gotten way too big to challenge in any meaningful way in this un-united, multicultural society, filled with people brainwashed since birth into believing whatever it was decided they should believe by TPTB.

​Could not have put it better myself. But there is also something else to consider. Any riotous behavior is not positive...and won;t change zip...

...Case and point.... https://youtu.be/7gOHs0M0y4Y 

Peaceful NON -Compliance on a global scale is what we need. and the ONLY way this system will ever stop the way it is going.

Think about it. If we all simply FAIL to comply by the systems rules(there will be a lot of pain and suffering in this process for sure--a lot of death--well it could be alleviated if we help each other still community based cooperative based.) but it would pretty much bring the system AS IT IS NOW(the one enslaving and raping us daily) to a grinding hault and then it's...GAME OVER.

Easy to say. Difficult in reality to achieve.

​Did you read the entire piece or just the pieces I picked out? Not having a pop at you just curious.

The situation we're in is beyond fucked up and being nice and polite just doesn't work.

I don't claim to know what the solution is. 

​no I did not read the entire piece - but I agree that being nice and polite won't work - I don't know the solution either - but I suspect our religions don't feature reincarnation for the reason that a belief that one will be coming back to this place might make people value this particular life less, and future ones, with certain offending parties/policies removed from it, more.. (and therefore that taking action against tyrants at the cost of one's life for the betterment of humanity/society in the future might be a really good idea, (in the overall scheme of things..)

​Could not have put it better myself. But there is also something else to consider. Any riotous behavior is not positive...and won;t change zip...

Peaceful NON -Compliance on a global scale is what we need. and the ONLY way this system will ever stop the way it is going.

Think about it. If we all simply FAIL to comply by the systems rules(there will be a lot of pain and suffering in this process for sure--a lot of death--well it could be alleviated if we help each other still community based cooperative based.) but it would pretty much bring the system AS IT IS NOW(the one enslaving and raping us daily) to a grinding hault and then it's...GAME OVER.

​thanks - I keep thinking of this song...

​no I did not read the entire piece - but I agree that being nice and polite won't work - I don't know the solution either - but I suspect our religions don't feature reincarnation for the reason that a belief that one will be coming back to this place might make people value this particular life less, and future ones, with certain offending parties/policies removed from it, more.. (and therefore that taking action against tyrants at the cost of one's life for the betterment of humanity/society in the future might be a really good idea, (in the overall scheme of things..)

​I think you're on to something there!

​I think you're on to something there!

​which makes "lone wolf" avengers the best solution...?

​Absolutely that is what we need (and it's what I would prefer). I'll eat my hat if it ever happens though. I don't believe that we get out of this so easily. 

​Absolutely that is what we need (and it's what I would prefer). I'll eat my hat if it ever happens though. I don't believe that we get out of this so easily. 

​it does seem too late for that

not buying their corporate goods (or as little as possible) or using their banks, money, or paying taxes seems a logical place to start. No more Applebees (or whatever corporate restaurant), no more BofA account - trade all your FRNs for PMs or other tangible assets, grow own food, or support local non-corporate food producers... would be a start

Anarchy seems the only answer - any government needs to be totally local - with accountability at the local level, or corruption will keep taking over..

There are no real people to make any real demands because 99.99% of those who come on board
 are a bunch of college kids or just some kids seeking no real goals. Just all talk. They all follow.

The orginizers of these events are not so very nice or kind hearted individuals. They do not have the
peoples best interests in mind, and their funding comes from people like george soros, and groups like
obummmers acorn.

It's all fluff and controlled by the anarchists who when ready will light the spark that will destroy the entire
nation, and dare I say "entire world!"

There are no real people to make any real demands because 99.99% of those who come on board
 are a bunch of college kids or just some kids seeking no real goals. Just all talk. They all follow.

The orginizers of these events are not so very nice or kind hearted individuals. They do not have the
peoples best interests in mind, and their funding comes from people like george soros, and groups like
obummmers acorn.

It's all fluff and controlled by the anarchists who when ready will light the spark that will destroy the entire
nation, and dare I say "entire world!"

​Yes. Soros linked to OCCUPY WALLSTREET. Not sure if I heard of Acorn. But yeah it is all HOLLYWOOD. Crisis actors.....etc actors. lol

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.