Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walk Softly

Why I joined

4 posts in this topic

Wishing you a Happy New Year too, Walk Softly; and, remember, we're all in the same boat; called Spaceship Earth.
:cheers:

10 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

All,

I read a thread on the main topic that @Ukshep posted.  Actually it was a video he had put together and shared with us.  Following that was a comment by @Last1oftheJedi where he basically stated that while he didn't agree with everything, they were moved by the presentation of information.  

That is it.  That is why I joined this forum.  I came here, and voiced my opinions, ideas, thoughts...whatever and was welcomed with open arms.  While I have my fair share of "debates" with folks like @Sky Cat, @rbear and others I can't think of right now, that's what it's all about.  I don't agree with some stuff but I promise you I take in what you are saying.  I would hope the same happens in return.  I won't always agree with some of you... (because you're wrong:wink:) but I enjoy you all the more for it.  

It is nice to be in a place that I can have an intelligent conversation with people about things that make most people's eyes glaze over and they nervously revert to their stupid phone.   That is how we learn.   Not by being stuck in our own little worlds, but by being immersed in others worlds... even if just for a moment.  Learn their knowledge, listen to their points, even when you don't agree with it.  

I pray everyone has a great new years.  And if something goes down... I pray you are both courageous and clear headed enough to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.  

Take care.

Excellent post! you captured a moment that we strive for.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.