Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Legally Shooting Down Eavesdropping Drones

12 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Sky Cat said:

They must try fly over my place.  Electronic warfare works both ways! :chuckle:

Funny enough, I actually designed a little EMP round for a 12 gauge shell, unfortunately I need to find a couple "exotic" materials to make it have a more effective field strength and range than what I currently have. (the field size is decent but the magnetic flux density is far too low) 

8 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

That's a hell of a round there, rabid!

I certainly wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the shotgun with that round in there. lol They make some wicked rounds nowadays, that's for sure!

:cheers:

7 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

Funny enough, I actually designed a little EMP round for a 12 gauge shell, unfortunately I need to find a couple "exotic" materials to make it have a more effective field strength and range than what I currently have. (the field size is decent but the magnetic flux density is far too low) 

I certainly wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the shotgun with that round in there. lol They make some wicked rounds nowadays, that's for sure!

Sounds interesting!  I'm all out of green at the moment, sorry.

3 hours ago, RabidWolf said:

Try rare earth magnets... ebay sells them pretty cheap! They are the essential element of an effective EMP device.

4 minutes ago, Millevolt said:

Try rare earth magnets... ebay sells them pretty cheap! They are the essential element of an effective EMP device.

Yup! I have quite an assortment of neodymium magnets. Never got them off ebay. I go through these folks and have been happy with their products and customer service. https://www.magnet4less.com/ 

Unfortunately, they are quite brittle and tend to fracture/shatter instantly upon firing. (I am currently toying with encapsulating them in epoxy to minimize the fracturing)

Opps! I wandered off topic a bit here! Sorry Sky Cat!

11 hours ago, RabidWolf said:

Yup! I have quite an assortment of neodymium magnets. Never got them off ebay. I go through these folks and have been happy with their products and customer service. https://www.magnet4less.com/ 

Unfortunately, they are quite brittle and tend to fracture/shatter instantly upon firing. (I am currently toying with encapsulating them in epoxy to minimize the fracturing)

Opps! I wandered off topic a bit here! Sorry Sky Cat!

Hey, no worries, carry on, it's good conversation.  BTW, there are other ways of frying electronics (other than EMP.) :chuckle: [No, I will not go into the details in public.]

23 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Frequency. Did someone say "jam" ??

Paging Mr. Spock!

It's possible to 'go beyond' jamming.

:vFpL81r:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.