Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

DARPA’s new military drone could morph destroyers into aircraft carriers

5 posts in this topic

The US military’s advanced research agency has announced a project to build a prototype drone that can land on and take off a destroyer at sea. The drone is designed for intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance missions, as well as airstrikes.

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) announced on Tuesday it had awarded Northrop Grumman Corporation a $93 million contract to build a full-scale prototype drone for initial ground-based testing.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/usa/327408-darpa-new-drone-program/

Drones are going to be everywhere soon. 

I was hoping for something more transformers from the title. o.o Not that ships turn into planes, that would dumb. But drones you could shoot out a cannon that morph in mid flight. Cheaper and more effective than fighter planes, plus, we know it can be done already. I mean, how far is a smart bomb from what I'm proposing. I bet that isn't even 20 thousand dollars worth of code to write. Someone in DOD needs to sign me. I will save them 100xs my salary a year...then again, that's why they don't, because it's all about that paper gold. Well, digital now. Paper is so 90s >.>

Drone tech will be useless mostly until it can be used in space. Or its at least useless to me.

6 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Drone tech will be useless mostly until it can be used in space. Or its at least useless to me.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.