Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

the reindeer that glow in the dark

4 posts in this topic

Members of Finland's Reindeer Herders’ Association have devised a clever strategy for avoiding car-animal collisions.

Reindeer encounters are the stuff of holiday dreams, unless you happen to be driving a car at the time. In Finland, where as many as 5000 reindeer-vehicle collisions occur annually, a Rudolphian solution is being tested.

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20151228-in-finland-reindeer-that-glow-in-the-dark

1 person likes this

I don't know if I'd want the job of trying to pain their horns or not. :poopywb4::bananallama:  Pfft! We don't have a reindeer emoticon. I guess those will have to do. Though I've been threatening to turn shep in for animal cruelty because that smiley keeps beating up on his horse. 

:chuckle:

This reminds me of the chicken safety vests.

This tiny fluorescent vest helps your backyard chicken cross the road safely

Owners are dressing their domestic flocks in new fluorescent bibs, which have been specially designed to keep the creatures seen in the autumn evenings. The bibs are meant for the growing numbers of people who keep chickens as pets, especially in urban and suburban areas, to protect the birds from motorists. The bibs, costing £12 and available in pink or yellow, went on sale earlier this month.

http://grist.org/list/this-tiny-fluorescent-vest-helps-your-backyard-chicken-cross-the-road-safely/

Oh, and also that woman who complained that a deer crossing sign was in an unsafe place for deer to cross.

Published on Oct 17, 2012

This audio original and full clip from Y94 Playhouse Fargo, ND radio station was too funny to not find a way for more people to hear it so thus, this video. A lady asks for help getting deer crossing signs moved to lower traffic areas. "The government can guide deer to lower traffic areas" 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.