Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Your Employer Can't Stop You From Recording Conversations At Work

5 posts in this topic

Whole Foods has a policy against employees making recordings in the workplace without the boss' permission. Federal officials have ruled the policy illegal.

If you're looking to catch your boss breaking labor law, that smartphone in your pocket might be your best friend, thanks to a new ruling from federal officials.
On Thursday, the National Labor Relations Board ruled that upscale grocer Whole Foods cannot forbid employees from recording conversations or taking photographs at work without a supervisor's permission. (Local laws, however, could still come into play in certain situations, as several states require the consent of two parties in order for a conversation to be recorded legally.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/whole-foods-labor-ruling-workplace-recordings_56815928e4b014efe0d8b10e?cps=gravity_5020_-2104567774701698187

Whole Foods is on my boycott list due to slimeball CEO and the way they treat their employees.

1 person likes this

Don't have an employer = problem solved

That-said: I will record whatever I want, whenever I want, and anyone trying to tell me any different can take a hike.

You can check your states recording law at the link below.

State Law: Recording

Each state has its own wiretapping statute and its own rule on how many parties need to consent to the recording of a phone call or conversation in order to make it lawful. State law also varies on whether or not (and under what circumstances) you are permitted to use recording devices in public meetings and court hearings. Choose your state from the list below for state-specific information on recording laws

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/state-law-recording

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.