Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Cauliflower Shortage in the USA

4 posts in this topic

Kids no longer have to eat cauliflower because there is none to be had! Children across the US are rejoicing and praying for a broccoli shortage next!

There’s a cauliflower shortage in the US, and it’s making prices skyrocket

You’re not alone if you’re having trouble finding cauliflower in US or Canadian grocery stores—or digesting the price, which has recently been observed at $7 per head or more.

A shortage due to cold weather in areas where cauliflower grows in the US—California’s Imperial Valley and near Yuma, Arizona—has caused wholesale prices to more than double since early November, according to US Department of Agriculture data. Wholesale prices passed $4 per head on Dec. 12.

Forget the high prices, you can’t even get cauliflower. Nobody is even quoting it,” Rick Reed of New York-based chain Price Chopper told The Produce News on Dec. 8.

More: http://qz.com/581690/theres-a-cauliflower-shortage-in-the-us-and-its-making-prices-skyrocket/

wow. well im glad im not a fan of cauliflower -except sometimes ill eat it in a stirfry dish. big on brocolli though. some stores here are selling cauliflower for 4.00. as much as heirloom tomatoes, which i adore. fruits and vegs prices are on the rise as result of severe weather across the U.S. tried buying at wholesale stores...but mostly bruised produce there

1 hour ago, Storm cat said:

wow. well im glad im not a fan of cauliflower -except sometimes ill eat it in a stirfry dish. big on brocolli though. some stores here are selling cauliflower for 4.00. as much as heirloom tomatoes, which i adore. fruits and vegs prices are on the rise as result of severe weather across the U.S. tried buying at wholesale stores...but mostly bruised produce there

i hate cauliflower. But i love cauliflower cheese :D strange that lol BUT YOU JUST CANT BEAT ROASTED PARSNIPS! *druels*

Make "mashed potatoes" from cauliflower. Boil until done, like potatoes, add milk, butter, salt and pepper, mash or blend.  Well, nm I guess that recipe doesn't matter since there's none to be had!  It WAS  a low carb version of mashed potatoes and tasted pretty good.  Now everyone on low carb diets are going to have to do without their faux mashed potatoes.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.