Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Whites earn more than blacks — even on eBay

16 posts in this topic

Race influences how people are treated in subtle – and not-so-subtle – ways. African-Americans are not only more likely to be pulled over by the police, arrested for marijuana use, and incarcerated than whites are. Past studies have shown that African-Americans are also charged more when buying cars, receive fewer letters from their state legislators, and get less extensive medical care.

Now researchers have shown that racial biases also extend to selling things on eBay. In a study published in October by the RAND Journal of Economics, Ian Ayres and Christine Jolls of Yale Law School and Mahzarin Banaji of Harvard looked at how the race of the seller affected 394 auctions of baseball cards on eBay.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/11/whites-earn-more-than-blacks-even-on-ebay/

Don't fall for it. I mean "white guilt". If you have read up on dailystormer.com on the radio part, well you would be aware of the reason why also. 

5 minutes ago, Sky Cat said:

Yeah, don't buy the psyop.  The Wahington Post is race baiting again.

Sky cats right you know!

I don't understand how you could know the race of someone you are dealing with on ebay.

2 hours ago, Brio said:

I don't understand how you could know the race of someone you are dealing with on ebay.

The article shows 2 sets of photos for the items up for bid in the study that were held in hand by either white hands or black. Beyond that, there is no way I know of to determine the race of an ebay seller.

17 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

The article shows 2 sets of photos for the items up for bid in the study that were held in hand by either white hands or black. Beyond that, there is no way I know of to determine the race of an ebay seller.

you could always ask lol. but seriously yeh you cannot know for sure. Or even with a % of accuracy. You can guess by the names of users but that is all. This article seems like a incite racism piece.

Whites earn more than blacks?

Give me the name of one white woman who earns more than Oprah! :b0vpxS8:

2 people like this

If this is true (but I don't think it is) I really don't care.
If the old stereo types still come into play they have no one to blame but themselves.

Here's a good example:

Kentucky's Mall St. Matthews Shuts Down After Brawls Involving Up to 2,000

Chain-reaction brawls involving up to 2,000 people erupted in one of Kentucky's largest malls Saturday night, forcing the entire mall and businesses in the surrounding area to shut down, police said.

The hours-long chaos at Mall St. Matthews began about 7 p.m. ET when the six St. Matthews police officers assigned to the mall for the holiday season began responding to "disturbances," said Officer Dennis McDonald, a police spokesman.

"As they were responding to those disturbances, others were breaking out. ... Disturbances started to feed on themselves." McDonald said. "They were just overwhelmed with a number of calls for service and reports of disorder."
-----

But no one was arrested, and only minor injuries were reported, McDonald said. No officers were injured.

"Our officers, they showed great restraint," McDonald said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kentucky-s-mall-st-matthews-shuts-down-after-brawls-involving-n486341

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxf2DO6gUi4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljtytr0pVeM

I wonder if the mall employees will be paid for the time they lost due the "disturbance'.
If not they weren't earning more than blacks that day regardless of their race or skin tone.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.