Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Tonight's Moon Pics from my new telescope!

22 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, RabidWolf said:

Totally fake Shep! You can't see any stars! 

:signyeahthat:

pics or it didn't happen. Haha. 

Good job Shep I love taking my 16x binoculars out when it's clear and taking a look at that rock in the sky. At time tho the moon does look fake plus with what I call optical illusions making clouds appear behind the moon. 

1 person likes this

Just now, Groove said:

:signyeahthat:

pics or it didn't happen. Haha. 

Good job Shep I love taking my 16x binoculars out when it's clear and taking a look at that rock in the sky. At time tho the moon does look fake plus with what I call optical illusions making clouds appear behind the moon. 

Im been experimenting with using the telescope to take long range shots of object with some great success. I have a wooden frame i made that sits over my lense now so i can position my iphone to receive the correct light without it losing focus. I've been taking detailed face shots of people from a quarry a mile away :D its VERY GOOD! and im just wondering what else i can use it for. Maybe take it down to the coast and spot ships. Or other stuff.

Telescopes aint just for looking at stars!

2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Im been experimenting with using the telescope to take long range shots of object with some great success. I have a wooden frame i made that sits over my lense now so i can position my iphone to receive the correct light without it losing focus. I've been taking detailed face shots of people from a quarry a mile away :D its VERY GOOD! and im just wondering what else i can use it for. Maybe take it down to the coast and spot ships. Or other stuff.

Love it. I really need to get a telescope I've been debating it for a while now. Just don't want to spend over $200 for one. Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Groove said:

Love it. I really need to get a telescope I've been debating it for a while now. Just don't want to spend over $200 for one. Lol. 

This one is a travel telescope. Tech has come so far since my last telescope 10 years ago. It was 300£ and sucked this was was less than $100 and it is detailed as f***. Not sure if you can see on the pics. but on the edges you can see all the craters. its much more detailed when looking for real the picture does not do it justice. And im amazed at it.

Im planning on getting the ISS next time it passed me. I have an image from last week. but its too blurry to make out. I got it on the scope and it was very detailed. You could make out a lot. so im going to try and get set up for the next time it passes and take some images.

This one is a travel telescope. Tech has come so far since my last telescope 10 years ago. It was 300£ and sucked this was was less than $100 and it is detailed as f***. Not sure if you can see on the pics. but on the edges you can see all the craters. its much more detailed when looking for real the picture does not do it justice. And im amazed at it.

Im planning on getting the ISS next time it passed me. I have an image from last week. but its too blurry to make out. I got it on the scope and it was very detailed. You could make out a lot. so im going to try and get set up for the next time it passes and take some images.

That's awsome. I found some on space.com under 200 and really thinking of getting one soon. 

http://store.space.com/skywatching.html

also kinda liking this travel scope 

http://m.llbean.com/product.html?&skCatId=80397&productId=1334030&attrValue_0=Black&pla1=0&mr:trackingCode=45D1E228-2EF3-E211-A497-90E2BA285E75&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=m&mr:adType=plaonline&mr:ad=57704171120&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:tid=pla-86769903200&mr:ploc=9026906&mr:iloc=&mr:store=&mr:filter=86769903200&mkwid=NMpAdIal_dm&pcrid=57704171120&qs=3091394_google&product=0NJW610000&cvosrc=cse.google.0NJW610000&cvo_crid=57704171120&lsft=mkwid:NMpAdIal_dm%2Cpcrid:57704171120%2Cqs:3091394_google%2Cproduct:0NJW610000%2Ccvosrc:cse.google.0NJW610000%2Ccvo_crid:57704171120#80397

Edited by Groove
Added link

You guys should check this guy out... he has fantastic equipment and great videos.  Here is an example of him capturing a phenomenon he calls the lunar wave. 

He includes some video from other channels, but his starts at about the 7:55 mark.  Cool stuff no matter what you believe!  

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Whoa whoa, now!  You took those with an iPhone?

Okay, now I am genuinely impressed Shep! Excellent work man! 

*Yeah, I know you posted that in the OP, but I went straight to the pictures. lol *

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.