Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Brazillians Warned Not to get Pregnant!

14 posts in this topic

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/23/health/brazil-zika-pregnancy-warning/index.html

"Brazilian health officials are dishing out some unusual advice these days: Don't get pregnant."

"That's the message for would-be parents, especially in the country's northeast, after officials linked a mosquito-borne virus called Zika to a surge in newborn microcephaly, a neurological disorder that can result in incomplete brain development."

"More than 2,400 suspected cases of microcephaly have been reported this year in 20 Brazilian states, compared with 147 cases last year. Doctors are investigating 29 related infant deaths.

Microcephaly results in babies being born with abnormally small heads that cause, often serious, developmental issues and sometimes early death.

As a result, six states have declared a state of emergency. In Pernambuco state alone, more than 900 cases have been reported.

"These are newborns who will require special attention their entire lives. It's an emotional stress that just can't be imagined," Rocha said. "Here in Pernambuco, we're talking about a generation of babies that's going to be affected."

When the cases of microcephaly started to soar last month, doctors noticed they coincided with the appearance of the Zika virus in Brazil. They soon discovered that most of the affected mothers reported having Zika-like symptoms during early pregnancy -- mild fever, rash and headaches.

On November 28, Brazil's Health Ministry announced that during an autopsy it had found the Zika virus in a baby born with microcephaly, establishing a link between the two.

"This is an unprecedented situation, unprecedented in world scientific research," the ministry said on its website."

Its just Government BS pushing  population control.

CLINICAL FEATURES AND SEQUELAE

• The incubation period ranges between approximately three to 12 days after the bite of an infected mosquito.
  • Most of the infections remain asymptomatic (between 60 to 80%).
  • Disease symptoms are usually mild and the disease in usually characterised by a short-lasting self-limiting febrile illness of 4–7 days duration without severe complications, with no associated fatalities and a low hospitalisation rate.
  • The main symptoms are macular or papular rash, fever, arthralgia, non-purulent conjunctivitis/conjunctival hyperaemia, myalgia and headache. The maculo-papular rash often starts on the face and then spreads throughout the body. Less frequently, retro-orbital pain and gastro-intestinal signs are present.

Auto-immune, neurological and neurodevelopmental conditions such as Guillain-Barré syndrome and microcephaly in foetuses and newborns from mothers possibly exposed to ZIKV in the two first trimesters of the pregnancy were notified during recent Zika disease outbreaks (French Polynesia and Brazil). Further evidence is needed to establish a causal link between these neurological/neurodevelopmental impairments and infections with ZIKV.

http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/healthtopics/zika_virus_infection/factsheet-health-professionals/Pages/factsheet_health_professionals.aspx

1 person likes this

Let's hope they aren't connected... could be a trick for population control? Nah, no government would do THAT, would they? You Bet they would! ;-)

9 hours ago, CGK said:

Its just Government BS pushing  population control.

You could be onto something there

Catholic Brazil to offer cheap birth control pills

Brazil's government is cutting the price of birth control pills to less than 25 cents for a month's supply so poor women can afford the contraceptive.

The move comes just two weeks after a visit by Pope Benedict XVI, who used his time in the mainly Roman Catholic country to condemn abortion, contraception and sex outside marriage.

18 minutes ago, Brio said:

You could be onto something there

Catholic Brazil to offer cheap birth control pills

Brazil's government is cutting the price of birth control pills to less than 25 cents for a month's supply so poor women can afford the contraceptive.

The move comes just two weeks after a visit by Pope Benedict XVI, who used his time in the mainly Roman Catholic country to condemn abortion, contraception and sex outside marriage.

Right Brio? Those Brazilians are good Catholics who produce lots and lots of kids. What better form of birth control than tell women they will have retarded babies if they get bitten by a mosquito. I guess they should  practice pull and pray and hope that mamma doesn't get a mosquito bite!

11 minutes ago, CGK said:

Right Brio? Those Brazilians are good Catholics who produce lots and lots of kids. What better form of birth control than tell women they will have retarded babies if they get bitten by a mosquito. I guess they should  practice pull and pray and hope that mamma doesn't get a mosquito bite!

Yep, there's been talk of a decrease in the population projected.

Brazil Population to Peak in 2042: Daily

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – New data released yesterday by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE) has provided a glimpse of the future characteristics of the Brazilian populace. Among the more arresting projections is the forecast that Brazil’s population will peak at roughly 228 million in 2042.

By 2060, the number of Brazilians will have dropped to 2025 levels due to slowing birth rates, according to the center that is tasked with compiling data on Brazil’s population.

In addition to having fewer children, women will likely have children later in life, two important features found in developed economies.

Brazilian women currently have an average of 1.77 children and this is expected to drop to 1.5 in 2030. According to experts, the population replacement rate, which takes into account how many children women have to replace themselves, is 2.1

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-politics/brazil-population-to-peak-in-2042/#

3 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Yep, there's been talk of a decrease in the population projected.

Brazil Population to Peak in 2042: Daily

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – New data released yesterday by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE) has provided a glimpse of the future characteristics of the Brazilian populace. Among the more arresting projections is the forecast that Brazil’s population will peak at roughly 228 million in 2042.

By 2060, the number of Brazilians will have dropped to 2025 levels due to slowing birth rates, according to the center that is tasked with compiling data on Brazil’s population.

In addition to having fewer children, women will likely have children later in life, two important features found in developed economies.

Brazilian women currently have an average of 1.77 children and this is expected to drop to 1.5 in 2030. According to experts, the population replacement rate, which takes into account how many children women have to replace themselves, is 2.1

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-politics/brazil-population-to-peak-in-2042/#

Thanks for that info Lucy!

By 2060 I will be surprised if humans even still walk the earth. And if they do, they will be subservient to their robot masters. The good news is at my age, I will be long gone before it happens.

3 minutes ago, CGK said:

By 2060 I will be surprised if humans even still walk the earth. And if they do, they will be subservient to their robot masters. The good news is at my age, I will be long gone before it happens.

Yeah, if humans are still around then I think they'll be very different from what we are today.
The radiation alone could be the end of us unless they get their trans-humanism thing going quickly.

Sooner or later any species outgrows it's environment, sometimes it recovers and sometimes it doesn't. Only bacteria has been around for almost ever. 7 billion people on the planet is not sustainable, the resources vital to survival are less everyday, I'm not sure what makes humans so special we aren't subject to these laws. God doesn't care that's quite obvious by now lol.

Weren't they trying to push for some Hybrid/Human cyborg race? I swear the things these people want to do.

Trans-humanism reminds me of those films, Lucy and that film with Johnny Depp. Is that right? or do I have the wrong idea?

27 minutes ago, CGK said:

21 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Yeah, if humans are still around then I think they'll be very different from what we are today.
The radiation alone could be the end of us unless they get their trans-humanism thing going quickly.

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

13 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Good info, where do you find this stuff?

I have mad research skills from pre-internet days spent in libraries. lol

8 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Weren't they trying to push for some Hybrid/Human cyborg race? I swear the things these people want to do.

Trans-humanism reminds me of those films, Lucy and that film with Johnny Depp. Is that right? or do I have the wrong idea?

Ya know, I haven't seen Lucy.
Trans-humanism is the mixing of man and machine.
It also includes genetic modifications or controlled mutations.

Transhumanist Values

Transhumanism is a loosely defined movement that has developed gradually over the past two decades.[1] It promotes an interdisciplinary approach to understanding and evaluating the opportunities for enhancing the human condition and the human organism opened up by the advancement of technology. Attention is given to both present technologies, like genetic engineering and information technology, and anticipated future ones, such as molecular nanotechnology and artificial intelligence.

The enhancement options being discussed include radical extension of human health-span, eradication of disease, elimination of unnecessary suffering, and augmentation of human intellectual, physical, and emotional capacities. Other transhumanist themes include space colonization and the possibility of creating superintelligent machines, along with other potential developments that could profoundly alter the human condition. The ambit is not limited to gadgets and medicine, but encompasses also economic, social, institutional designs, cultural development, and psychological skills and techniques.

Transhumanists view human nature as a work-in-progress, a half-baked beginning that we can learn to remold in desirable ways. Current humanity need not be the endpoint of evolution. Transhumanists hope that by responsible use of science, technology, and other rational means we shall eventually manage to become posthuman, beings with vastly greater capacities than present human beings have.

http://www.nickbostrom.com/ethics/values.html

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.