Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

What's Your Favorite Quote?

23 posts in this topic

I have so many favorite quotes...I don't know where to begin.  Here are a few to get the thread rolling...

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand

Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a  trail.  - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible. - Doug Larson

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. - Andre Gide

2 people like this

I just posted this one in another thread but here it is...

How could we recognize the light without the darkness? - author unknown

another fav...

The secret to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering - Bruce Lee

and an old adage I've adapted to suit my personality...

Patience is a virtue... that I just can't wait to achieve. - CalmShock

1 person likes this

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Our life always expresses the result of our dominant thoughts." - Soren Kierkegaard

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Mahatma Gandhi

We are in danger of destroying ourselves by our greed and stupidity. We cannot remain looking inwards at ourselves on a small and increasingly polluted and overcrowded planet.
Stephen Hawking

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Muhammad Ali

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

"A dream will always triumph over reality, once it is given the chance." - Stanislaw Lem

"Be sure the safest rule is that we should not dare to live in any scene in which we dare not die." - Lewis Carroll

"The things that make us happy make us wise." - John Crowley

One of them:

"Doctors have throughout time made fortunes on killing their patients with their cures. The difference in psychiatry is that it is the death of the soul." – R.D. Laing, MD.

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.  I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.  ~Abraham Lincoln

The love of one's country is a splendid thing.  But why should love stop at the border?  ~Pablo Casals

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance.  It is also owed to justice and to humanity.  Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.  ~James Bryce

It is sweet to serve one's country by deeds, and it is not absurd to serve her by words.  ~Sallust

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!  ~Albert Einstein

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.