Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Judge's ruling won't stop Black Lives Matter group from demonstrating at Mall of America

10 posts in this topic

A judge’s ruling Tuesday won’t prohibit a Black Lives Matter demonstration at the Mall of America on Wednesday, or satisfy the shopping complex’s desire to make the group take down social-media messages about the protest.

The 29-page order from Hennepin County Judge Karen Janisch did reinforce the mall’s right to remove from its private property protesters who may show up at Wednesday’s event. But Janisch declined to bar BLM, because the mall couldn’t prove that the group was a legal entity.

Janisch agreed to the mall’s request to prohibit BLM activists Miski Noor, Michael McDowell and Kandace Montgomery from demonstrating on mall property. Before the ruling, Noor and others had said they wouldn’t cancel the protest seeking justice for Jamar Clark, who was killed Nov. 15 by Minneapolis police in a scuffle. Activists claim he was handcuffed when he was shot, an assertion denied by police officials.

<snip>

http://www.startribune.com/hennepin-county-judge-prohibits-for-alleged-leaders-of-black-lives-matter-from-demonstrationg-at-mall-of-america/363292701/

Perfect place for a looting.

This makes me sick. I guess only Black Lives Matter, not shoppers and store owners lives.

Funny they never protest at Costco. You know why? Because you need to show your Costco card to get in the door.

Maybe malls need to use Costco tactics to keep these idiots out.  You need a mall card to enter and shop. Make it like a rewards card. After you spend 50 bucks you get a free drink in the food court.

8 hours ago, CGK said:

This makes me sick. I guess only Black Lives Matter, not shoppers and store owners lives.

Funny they never protest at Costco. You know why? Because you need to show your Costco card to get in the door.

Maybe malls need to use Costco tactics to keep these idiots out.  You need a mall card to enter and shop. Make it like a rewards card. After you spend 50 bucks you get a free drink in the food court.

The mall and store owners have a right to protect their property from potential rioters and looters. It should be a financial issue not a legal one and could be dictated by the ever powerful insurance companies.

Membership has it's perks and also is subject to bans.

Hundreds of Black Lives Matter protesters disrupt MOA, light rail, airport traffic

After filling the mall rotunda and getting warned about arrests, demonstrators moved the protest to nearby light-rail trains, taking the Blue Line to the Humphrey Terminal. Police arrested four protesters at the mall. 

Hundreds of Black Lives Matter protesters disrupted Mall of America shopping, light rail trains and airport traffic on Wednesday after moving demonstrations from the mall to outside Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.

“We raised the bar,” said Pastor Danny Givens of Above Every Name Church in St. Paul after protesting outside Terminal 1. “We let the nation and the world know that black lives matter.”

After filling the mall rotunda, warnings from the mall that they would be arrested prompted demonstrators to move the protest to nearby light rail trains, taking the Blue Line to the airport’s Terminal 2 (Humphrey), chanting from a stairwell outside the terminal since police blocked them from entering. The airport shut down security checkpoints at Terminal 2 for about 30 minutes in case protesters made it inside the airport, also preventing passengers from getting through.

Other protesters arrived at Terminal 1 (Lindbergh), stopping traffic and joining hands as they chanted “black lives, they matter here.” The Hwy. 5 entrance to Terminal 1 was shut down for a short period of time before police moved in to arrest some protesters.

“We accomplished exactly what we came here to accomplish — we wanted to shut down the highway, shut down the airport and show solidarity with other Black Lives Matter groups,” said Michelle Barnes of Minneapolis, one of the protest organizers, outside Terminal 1.

Protesters also shut down light rail service to other stations, disrupting trains and forcing Metro Transit to send buses to commuters as evening rush hour traffic began. No flights were affected or delayed out of the airport. Authorities haven’t released yet how many protesters were arrested there.

This is messed up! It will drive customers away and retail sails are already low.
Mall employees have a hard enough time keeping an eye out for shoplifters this time of year.
There are strict mall rules about when you can close the store in case of threat or emergency.
If it's not their approved list of reasons the store gets finned based on the amount time the gates are closed.

I wish I was in a city where they pulled that Black Lives Matter crap at a mall that I was shopping at.  I would set those people straight. I'm not afraid of them. My life matters just as much as theirs and the color of their skin doesn't give them special rights to interfere with my life! Oh get out your cel phones because that would be a confrontation that would be CNN lead story worthy.

:b0vpxS8:

Black lives matter when they're killed by cops, killed by each other, not so much.

I'm tired of black peoples crap, the uneducated blacks.

@YourMom2 Remember the LA riots, the Asian store owners were on top of the roof with pistols and rifles.

@CGK Set them straight, I would definitely cheer you on, and if you got into a fight, I would yell in the back at you to kick their ass! lol 

@Lucy Barnable Crime goes up when the economy goes down, people get delusional, ect, they are just so used to there way of life. Remember that polite store robber? He told the guy he needed to pay bills. The people who steal, thinking they are owed something, those are the ones who I hate the most.

Note - If I went on to being a criminal, I would go big, join/form a Syndicate. Personally - I think would look good in a suit. :cool:

2 people like this

52 minutes ago, CGK said:

I wish I was in a city where they pulled that Black Lives Matter crap at a mall that I was shopping at.  I would set those people straight. I'm not afraid of them. My life matters just as much as theirs and the color of their skin doesn't give them special rights to interfere with my life! Oh get out your cel phones because that would be a confrontation that would be CNN lead story worthy.

:b0vpxS8:

LOL, I would like to see them confronted.
We talked about what we would do if they showed up at Oktoberfest.
We decided we would surround them and chant ZIGGY ZAGGY ZIGGY ZAGGY OI OI OI.
:chuckle:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

I'm tired of black peoples crap, the uneducated blacks.

@YourMom2 Remember the LA riots, the Asian store owners were on top of the roof with pistols and rifles.

@CGK Set them straight, I would definitely cheer you on, and if you got into a fight, I would yell in the back at you to kick their ass! lol 

@Lucy Barnable Crime goes up when the economy goes down, people get delusional, ect, they are just so used to there way of life. Remember that polite store robber? He told the guy he needed to pay bills. The people who steal, thinking they are owed something, those are the ones who I hate the most.

Note - If I went on to being a criminal, I would go big, join/form a Syndicate. Personally - I think would look good in a suit. :cool:

Go big or go home, that's the ticket!

:agent_smith:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.