Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnonG

Marine Veteran Kicked Out of Senate Meeting for Speaking the Truth (Video)

31 posts in this topic

http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/30080/images/ds(1).png

()  After returning from a tour of duty in Iraq, Dakota Serna found himself struggling with PTSD and taking prescription pills for three years after leaving the service. Due to a botched hernia operation, doctors began prescribing painkillers along with his antidepressants, which led to ulcers in his stomach and intestines.

With the prescription pills taking their toll on his body and mind, Serna abandoned the FDA-approved medications after a friend smoked a joint with him.  Dakota stopped suffering from incessant nightmares and insomnia and Serna found that his anxiety had decreased, and his patience had returned. Instead of making him more hostile, cannabis offered Serna a peace of mind that the nauseating combination of pills never gave him.

In a Senate Committee meeting last week in Lansing, Michigan, Serna spoke before the members to discuss HB 4209 and how it affects medical marijuana patients. According to Michigan state law, patients suffering from a number of illnesses, including Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, HIV, seizures, and PTSD, qualify for medical marijuana. Before his microphone was rudely cut off, Serna had been attempting to explain how HB 4209 places a greater tax burden on people who barely survive on fixed incomes.

More with Video http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2015/12/marine-veteran-kicked-out-of-senate-meeting-for-speaking-the-truth-video-2765654.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off. Anecdotal evidence is not truth. Secondly, Marijuana causes and increases the debilitating effect of the disorders listed. 

Edited by thedudeabides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thedudeabides said:

First off. Anecdotal evidence is not truth. Secondly, Marijuana causes and increases the debilitating effect of the disorders listed. 

Very true.

Since there is no video provided, but is listed in the title,  I will take a guess and say he ran over time and got cut off or his voice got whiney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, puffyjedi said:

Very true.

Since there is no video provided, but is listed in the title,  I will take a guess and say he ran over time and got cut off or his voice got whiney.

Likely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thedudeabides said:

First off. Anecdotal evidence is not truth. Secondly, Marijuana causes and increases the debilitating effect of the disorders listed. 

So you are saying marijuana didnt help him??ive seen marijuana effect different people differently.it mite have helped him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yaknow said:

So you are saying marijuana didnt help him??ive seen marijuana effect different people differently.it mite have helped him.

No, no it didn't there is nothing In Marijuana of any medicinal value. Can it numb a little pain  sure. The negative effects however make it 100s worse than any pain killer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thedudeabides said:

No, no it didn't there is nothing In Marijuana of any medicinal value. Can it numb a little pain  sure. The negative effects however make it 100s worse than any pain killer.

Im so sorry but thats false!!!!you tried kicking pain killers.probably not with that statement.il smoke a joint and funtion just fine.let me take a few percs(thats what im prescribed,and i will not drive cause i could nod out).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

No, no it didn't there is nothing In Marijuana of any medicinal value. Can it numb a little pain  sure. The negative effects however make it 100s worse than any pain killer.

This is why states are legalizing Marijuana for medicinal purposes all around the country.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, yaknow said:

Im so sorry but thats false!!!!you tried kicking pain killers.probably not with that statement.il smoke a joint and funtion just fine.let me take a few percs(thats what im prescribed,and i will not drive cause i could nod out).

Oh I see, you are under the control of it. I am a med student, 119 credit in, 67 of which are in biology, 19 In just  pharmacology/microbiology. Let me explain to you the effects of marijauna.

First, it is a cannabinoid. Now cannabinoids occur in our chemistry naturally and are key to brain health. Now when  you introduce an artificial source, through smoking weed, you are creating a state where your body will stop producing the chemicals needed for proper brain function. Now, after sustainedoing abuse of said substance your body will become dependent. Requiring that you smoke marijauna daily to feel normal. Thus creating a dependence.

Now why is this bad? In younger children ages 13 to 19 this affects the frontal cortex, the area in our brain where reasoning and other forms of logic mature here. If sustained usage of 3 or 4 times a week occured for a long period of more than a year these children are permanently harmed. The abuse of marijauna causes the frontal cortex to stagnate in maturity. This results in many issues later in life. A lack of drive. A send of no direct. Low self esteem. High cases of depressing and anxiety.

 

Now for the secondary effects. If not individual who already had a chemical imbalance begins abusing marijauna the results can be catastrophic. While o  the drug it covers depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder well. However the brain forms a dependence on the cannabinoid on marijauna. This means the moment you go long enough for it to leave your system the issues return 10 fold. In many cases anxiety becomes paranoia, leading to a psychotic break and schizophrenia. I personally have taken part in two case studies of such an incident

Marijauna is not a drug to play with. It is as dangerous as alcohol if not far worse considering the long effects of abuse.

Edited by thedudeabides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually there's a lot of use medically for marijuana. I've personally witness someone with skin cancer be healed with canibis oil. And on a personal note without saying to much for myself it helped with my ptsd after a car wreck back in 2002. After a 2 month long coma and tons of pain meds which made everything worse medicinal canibis was the only thing that helped with my nerve damage pain and numbness. By 2006 i was completely off of all the pain pills and antidepressants and also working out a lot which doctors said I would never be able to do. I don't say that weed did all that 100% it had a lot to do with me not taking no for an answer. Plus marijuana is the most researched medicine in the world but a lot of the research gets covered up because of the fact that on a federal level it's still illegal. It's all about money. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

This is why states are legalizing Marijuana for medicinal purposes all around the country.

Because of public pressure. Not because of medical science. Only a quack or a doctor who cares only about money would prescribe it.

 

 Also it helps to dumb down the populace for easier control.

Edited by thedudeabides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Groove said:

Actually there's a lot of use medically for marijuana. I've personally witness someone with skin cancer be healed with canibis oil. And on a personal note without saying to much for myself it helped with my ptsd after a car wreck back in 2002. After a 2 month long coma and tons of pain meds which made everything worse medicinal canibis was the only thing that helped with my nerve damage pain and numbness. By 2006 i was completely off of all the pain pills and antidepressants and also working out a lot which doctors said I would never be able to do. I don't say that weed did all that 100% it had a lot to do with me not taking no for an answer. Plus marijuana is the most researched medicine in the world but a lot of the research gets covered up because of the fact that on a federal level it's still illegal. It's all about money. 

It is also the most refutated as well. The evidence in all of those studies is from miniscule selections of 2 or 3 people. They use causation correlation bias like you wouldn't believe.

 

In short term usage, I take no issue with it. However, pain killers are still far safer. Read my post. Above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.