Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
puffyjedi

Can any of us escape our fate?

17 posts in this topic

Escaping our fate and beating death are as much a part of human history as anything else. I feel it is a part of every living thing, not just humans.

I just found this story.  It takes place in Ohio cow was taken to a slaughterhouse with other cows, but this one cow wasn't having any of it. The cow bolted and jumped a 6 foot fence and the following public outcry sent the cow to a sanctuary to live out the rest of its days. Fast forward to May of 2015, the same slaughterhouse in Ohio, and a different cow. This new cow wasn't having it either. It bolted and made its way across the city. It was being tracked by slaughterhouse employees. In an ironic twist of fate, the final showdown came at a McDonalds, where the cow was shot dead.  http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/cuf/cow-gets-loose-takes-to-the-streets-in-cincinnatis-west-side

One cow escaped its fate and early death.

One cow delayed its death to end up at the place it probably would have partially ended up, then dies.

Does this mean we have a 50/50 chance? Is it 50/50 on fate but not death?

1 person likes this

To "escape fate" would be as arrogant as to assume that God's plan for your life, your destiny, if you will, isn't good enough. I don't escape fate, pudgy jedi, I control it. You are in control of your own fate, but don't take my word for it.

1 person likes this

Maybe kowma is a b****

Edited by Brio
3 people like this

The cow only lives to provide food under the control of the owner so if you're not in control of yourself then you're not in control of your "fate."

1 hour ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

To "escape fate" would be as arrogant as to assume that God's plan for your life, your destiny, if you will, isn't good enough. I don't escape fate, pudgy jedi, I control it. You are in control of your own fate, but don't take my word for it.

I agree.
We all create own fate as we create our lives.
Our choices and behavior do have an effect.
That said, we're all going die one way or another.
Perhaps the cow that lived will die in painful way.
Maybe the cow that was killed was the lucky one.

1 minute ago, Sky Cat said:

No such thing as "death".  There is only Life.  That is all, nothing less.

Yes, when I said die I meant leave this body.
I don't believe it's something to fear.

6 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Yes, when I said die I meant leave this body.
I don't believe it's something to fear.

Yes, I know you meant that.

Indeed, nothing to "fear", dear heart, except 'fear' itself.

Leaving the body can be most-liberating.  That-said, the body is a holy vessel and ought to be respected.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.