Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Political Correctness

16 posts in this topic

Political Correctness

Political correctness has little to do with protecting minority people or groups from being offended. It’s really about shutting people up, not granting them the right to justly criticize anything while accusing them of something should they talk out.

Ya got to love George Carlin has always hits the nail right on the head !

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

call a spade a spade

to say the truth about something, even if it is not polite or pleasant

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/call-a-spade-a-spade

Even this expression is politically incorrect!

Some take offence at this expression, because one sense of spade refers to a black person. However, the two expressions are etymologically unrelated; this one refers to the digging instrument, the other refers to the card suit.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/call_a_spade_a_spade

Aaron Neville gets it right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

call a spade a spade

to say the truth about something, even if it is not polite or pleasant

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/call-a-spade-a-spade

Even this expression is politically incorrect!

Some take offence at this expression, because one sense of spade refers to a black person. However, the two expressions are etymologically unrelated; this one refers to the digging instrument, the other refers to the card suit.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/call_a_spade_a_spade

Aaron Neville gets it right.

 

This reminds me of the koolaid incident, where the was a group of racists that played the race card on me for saying "just keep drinkin that koolaid", but I was referring to Jonestown. If anything, PC thought-speach is the number one cause of racial persicution today on all sides. In my day, koolaid is what cult peoples used to kill themselves, a spade was a card, and related to a game called "spades", so idk how that is racial, but I do know in the pod I learnt that having a really active hand is "Having wheels" which is where the "til the wheels fall off" (first a car ref, no doubt, or bike, something >.>) came into my wordplay. I think it is racist and ignorant to ignore the talents and diffrences in people as long as it's done lovingly and acceptingly. When used to disparage, belittle, yeah, that's "hate speech", but when anything and everything is offensive now, you are basically being told to keep your mouth shut because someone might get offended. I know something else, too, Jesus is a black friend of mine. ^.^ Think about that. And God bless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

This reminds me of the koolaid incident, where the was a group of racists that played the race card on me for saying "just keep drinkin that koolaid", but I was referring to Jonestown. If anything, PC thought-speach is the number one cause of racial persicution today on all sides. In my day, koolaid is what cult peoples used to kill themselves, a spade was a card, and related to a game called "spades", so idk how that is racial, but I do know in the pod I learnt that having a really active hand is "Having wheels" which is where the "til the wheels fall off" (first a car ref, no doubt, or bike, something >.>) came into my wordplay. I think it is racist and ignorant to ignore the talents and diffrences in people as long as it's done lovingly and acceptingly. When used to disparage, belittle, yeah, that's "hate speech", but when anything and everything is offensive now, you are basically being told to keep your mouth shut because someone might get offended. I know something else, too, Jesus is a black friend of mine. ^.^ Think about that. And God bless.

I haven't played "spades" in years! Oh my, that card suit is black. :chuckle:

People do have their own unique talents regardless of race but "stupid" exists across the board. We have lots of tech these days but I find the human race to be less than evolutionary and by design from the elite that promote PC through their useful idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YourMom2 said:

I haven't played "spades" in years! Oh my, that card suit is black. :chuckle:

People do have their own unique talents regardless of race but "stupid" exists across the board. We have lots of tech these days but I find the human race to be less than evolutionary and by design from the elite that promote PC through their useful idiots.

Amen to that ^.^ It's stupidity that unites us all as the human race. I just wish PC culture didn't demand we embrace that stupdity in the name of unity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what political correctness has done:

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term.

Commissioner John Wiley Price justifies his reasoning for referring to Mayfield's "black hole" comment as racist.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

It is. lol
The PC crap is so outrageous all I can do is laugh now.
The list of things that are offensive is endless and hilarious.

+1 :IGly6RW:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Brio said:

Words are given way too much power when talk is cheap.

So true.
People need to get over there fear being called names that mean nothing anymore.

Welcome to the forum.
:cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.