Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Fla. city renames Old Dixie highway President Barack Obama highway

6 posts in this topic

A Florida town has renamed its Old Dixie Highway and will now call the road President Barack Obama Highway.

The city of Riviera Beach swapped out the old highway signs for new ones with the president’s name at a ceremony Thursday after city officials voted to do away with the old name that referenced the slave-holding South, the Sun-Sentinel reported.

It is the second road in Palm Beach County to be named in honor of the 44th president, county officials said. Two years ago, East First Street in Pakokee was renamed Barack Obama Boulevard.

“We are stepping up to a new day, a new era, and replacing Old Dixie with Barack Obama, who represents change,” Riviera Beach Mayor Thomas Masters told local reporters.

Mr. Masters, who represents a city that is 66 percent black, pushed the effort to rename the road to honor the first black president.

<snip>

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/19/fla-city-renames-old-dixie-highway-president-barac/

The libs are erasing history. When "terrorists" do it, it's destruction of culture and history. 

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

A Florida town has renamed its Old Dixie Highway and will now call the road President Barack Obama Highway.

The city of Riviera Beach swapped out the old highway signs for new ones with the president’s name at a ceremony Thursday after city officials voted to do away with the old name that referenced the slave-holding South, the Sun-Sentinel reported.

It is the second road in Palm Beach County to be named in honor of the 44th president, county officials said. Two years ago, East First Street in Pakokee was renamed Barack Obama Boulevard.

“We are stepping up to a new day, a new era, and replacing Old Dixie with Barack Obama, who represents change,” Riviera Beach Mayor Thomas Masters told local reporters.

Mr. Masters, who represents a city that is 66 percent black, pushed the effort to rename the road to honor the first black president.

<snip>

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/19/fla-city-renames-old-dixie-highway-president-barac/

The libs are erasing history. When "terrorists" do it, it's destruction of culture and history. 

WTF!?! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Well that's 2 towns over from where I'm from. Although really it's not too surprising the majority of blacks in palm beach county live in riviera. One problem though that city is more like 75-85% black. Also the city of Riviera Beach gets the majority of its tax money from singer island which is 95% white and the home prices are vastly more expensive. Old Dixie hwy is like the worst part of riviera and it is only a few miles long. So it's good for any out of towners to know that any street named MLK or now Barack Obama is definitely a part of town you don't want to venture to. Also there is a Dixie hwy which is U.S 1 that stretches from the keys to Maine. Completely different road.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

WTF!?! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Well that's 2 towns over from where I'm from. Although really it's not too surprising the majority of blacks in palm beach county live in riviera. One problem though that city is more like 75-85% black. Also the city of Riviera Beach gets the majority of its tax money from singer island which is 95% white and the home prices are vastly more expensive. Old Dixie hwy is like the worst part of riviera and it is only a few miles long. So it's good for any out of towners to know that any street named MLK or now Barack Obama is definitely a part of town you don't want to venture to. Also there is a Dixie hwy which is U.S 1 that stretches from the keys to Maine. Completely different road.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Ha ha ha ha Im still laughing! (Thanks for that!)

Any city that has a MLK road/street/highway etc , you can bet your bottom dollar its located in the worst part of town. Now we know to stay away from Obama roads too!

I wonder if they will have to black top the road too because of pot holes?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, CGK said:

You took the words right out of my mouth! Ha ha ha ha Im still laughing! (Thanks for that!)

Any city that has a MLK road/street/highway etc , you can bet your bottom dollar its located in the worst part of town. Now we know to stay away from Obama roads too!

Lol! Your welcome. Great minds think alike ?

6 minutes ago, CGK said:

http://battlenations.wikia.com/wiki/Blacktop_Road

We'll just rename them later when the dindu war is over. Yeah, they make good warning signs!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.