Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Asteroid that could 'injure THOUSANDS' to skim Earth TONIGHT two days after its discovery

25 posts in this topic

AN ASTEROID that no one knew existed until two days ago and is on an unpredictable course is set to skim past Earth within hours.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/628045/Asteroid-could-injure-THOUSANDS-skim-Earth-TONIGHT-two-days-after-its-discovery

Astronomers were oblivious to the existence of the space rock, which is big enough to destroy a town and called 2015 YB, until Wednesday.

The Slooh Telescope internet channel is hosting a special live broadcast to capture the flyby at 2am GMT.

You can watch it live here at 9pm EST or 2am GMT

Have a look at whats floating around out there. Unclick stars and constellations (next to the run button) to get a clear view. I keep an eye on this and I can tell you, there is a whole lot more going on than usual.

http://www.hohmanntransfer.com/

Tomorrow morning Dec. 19th around 6 a.m. CST, the Lilliputian asteroid 2015 YB, only 42 feet across, will zip just 48,000 miles (77,250 km) from Earth. When closest it’s expected to shine around magnitude +13.3 . As it tracks from Lepus the Hare southeast across Canis Major the Greater Dog, observers in the western half of the U.S. will get the best and brightest (if you can call it that) views. You’ll need at least an 8-inch telescope. For those with sky mapping programs, key in the asteroid’s orbital elements and make a map you can use at the telescope.

http://astrobob.areavoices.com/2015/12/18/auroral-alert-tonight-dec-18-19-holiday-asteroid-parade/

You can watch this one with your new telescope Shep!

2 minutes ago, CGK said:

Tomorrow morning Dec. 19th around 6 a.m. CST, the Lilliputian asteroid 2015 YB, only 42 feet across, will zip just 48,000 miles (77,250 km) from Earth. When closest it’s expected to shine around magnitude +13.3 . As it tracks from Lepus the Hare southeast across Canis Major the Greater Dog, observers in the western half of the U.S. will get the best and brightest (if you can call it that) views. You’ll need at least an 8-inch telescope. For those with sky mapping programs, key in the asteroid’s orbital elements and make a map you can use at the telescope.

http://astrobob.areavoices.com/2015/12/18/auroral-alert-tonight-dec-18-19-holiday-asteroid-parade/

You can watch this one with your new telescope Shep!

I'll have to keep an eye out for it then :D

I wonder if the unpredictable course means it could hit us.

Buh buh NASA sends us pictures of objects that are billions of miles away from the alleged camera and they can't see an asteroid until it's two days out?

The "getty" image they use is from this fantastic video::lol_alpha:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, YourMom2 said:

Buh buh NASA sends us pictures of objects that are billions of miles away from the alleged camera and they can't see an asteroid until it's two days out?

The "getty" image they use is from this fantastic video::lol_alpha:

Beat me to it. Not the video, the disbelief.

Comets and other impactors do occur, of course. That they can appear so quickly suggests a closer origin. 

I'll tell you what. The shills and disinfo agents are out in force on this asteroid. Saying all the info is fake. and that it dont exist lol. They refuse to even google it and when shown links say its fake again lol. It makes no sense whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, counterintelligence said:

The second link is a cached page of the first link. 

Yeh i know. But on the first link i cant find the asteroid. It just aint listed. But at one point it was. I guess they removed it! but why is a mystery.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.