Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Apple crashes into bear market: $160B gone!

6 posts in this topic

Apple (AAPL) diehards who keep saying the stock "will come back" are going into hibernation today.

Shares of the gadget maker closed down another 2.8% Friday to $105.93 — knocking the stock down 21% from its recent high of $134.54. The breathtaking decline not only puts Apple into a bear market - defined by a 20% drop — but has obliterated a staggering $160 billion in shareholder wealth from the top.

Just to put that into perspective, Apple's $160 billion decline is larger than 477 companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 are worth. A drop this big is the financial equivalent of wiping out the market value of entire companies like Pepsico (PEP) at $146 billion, International Business Machines (IBM) at $133 billion or Nike (NKE) at $111 billion.

Seeing such a massive decline in Apple carries more weight than a similar decline in any other stock would. Apple is still worth more than any other U.S. company — making it the most important stock in market measures like the S&P 500. Apple also is the most widely held stock by individual investors, says Sigfig, so the decline directly hits home.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2015/12/18/apple-bear-market-aapl/77560080/

Wow! I hope we don't start seeing this kind of crash across the board! 

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Apple (AAPL) diehards who keep saying the stock "will come back" are going into hibernation today.

Shares of the gadget maker closed down another 2.8% Friday to $105.93 — knocking the stock down 21% from its recent high of $134.54. The breathtaking decline not only puts Apple into a bear market - defined by a 20% drop — but has obliterated a staggering $160 billion in shareholder wealth from the top.

Just to put that into perspective, Apple's $160 billion decline is larger than 477 companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 are worth. A drop this big is the financial equivalent of wiping out the market value of entire companies like Pepsico (PEP) at $146 billion, International Business Machines (IBM) at $133 billion or Nike (NKE) at $111 billion.

Seeing such a massive decline in Apple carries more weight than a similar decline in any other stock would. Apple is still worth more than any other U.S. company — making it the most important stock in market measures like the S&P 500. Apple also is the most widely held stock by individual investors, says Sigfig, so the decline directly hits home.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2015/12/18/apple-bear-market-aapl/77560080/

Holy snit,equivilent to wiping out nike,and ibm.thats crazy

3 hours ago, yaknow said:

Holy snit,equivilent to wiping out nike,and ibm.thats crazy

Yeah it is insane! But that's why I was always told growing up that if you can't hold it you don't own it! I just feel sorry for the poor people who got suckered into thinking that it's Apple! It's a sure thing safe haven. 

4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

It simply has to happen but this time around they don't rise from the ashes. We'll be OK because we've been discussing and preparing for years so it won't be us that gets our savings wiped out because we know better than to trust banks and their pals, the fed. The market is an overvalued beast built on a fake world and it must end along with the worship of the dollar.

So, drink up and be merry, my friends. You are beacons of light for your family while all is crashing around them. You are leaders, warriors, having been set free by the truth. Without the blinders this is an exciting time to be alive. Victory is ours!

1 person likes this

Some years back there was a sordid joke doing the rounds, when Apple had their first dip.  Seems someone found a new way of making Apple Crumble...

The joke:

How do you make Apple Crumble?
Release photos of Steve Jobs fiddling with children

Quick1966's logic seems to be quite sound.  There is much money to be made in stocks and bonds, but in the blink of an eye that can be reversed and you sit with nothing, having spent your hard-earned cash on a pipe-dream.

I'm not saying ppl don't do stocks and bonds, but the "in the know" or those even remotely paying any attention these last (idk 5 years) moved away from them and studied more "better" options. I attempted to do this (done all the research on it/etc/got accepted), just my funds were not right to get started (too many shark loans because I had jobs that paid less than what I needed/then later no job. Only $120 left to pay off then I am working on my "better" options. I never did really trade stock anyways, just got some free ones in the net's early days which amounted to 0 later when they 404'd. I tried to get others to invest in Ebay and paypal saying they would be goldmines but heard "I'm older than you so you don't know nothing and are wrong". (= no $). Anyhow, had these "ppl" listened then, (and many other times about things), well would be retired long ago (be4 18 and if not then, after). Anyhow, behold what the future brings. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.